[TV Spoilers] Game of Thrones (S8) [Warning: Open Spoilers]

• 251 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2019, 08:05:49 pm »
man the night after the long night was longer than the long night and far more boring.

Also Dany turning up with 80 folk outside kingslanding isn't that intimidating.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2019, 08:31:34 pm »
But it gets better:
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2019, 10:29:13 pm »

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2019, 12:26:29 am »
Well, I saw the new episode today. I'm all over the place, TBH. It should be obvious that Cersei doesn't care about the people and that she wouldn't surrender. Cersei should have known that NO ONE in their right mind would surrender to her. That parley was POINTLESS. Then again, a lot of them are.

Jaime is making no sense. No wonder the actor was asking the writers what the characters motivations were!

I'm gunning for NO ONE sits on the throne. NO ONE. Gah. I need to unpack me fee fees before saying anything more. TBH, maybe I'm ambivalent about Dany because I see a little of myself in her.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2019, 02:09:44 pm »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2019, 02:19:44 pm »
So there really was a Starbucks coffee cup on the set. Wow...I didn't notice.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2019, 03:04:57 pm »
I think the level of incompetence, or else the genius of that product placement, is egregious on a good many people's parts. Especially the actors and actresses... really didn't notice?

EDIT: I haven't watched yet and, as I said, I'll probably binge it when it's done but they've really pissed on GRRM's work as far as I can tell - again the actors and actresses: you *really* didn't notice the dive in your scripts?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2019, 03:37:51 pm »
I think the level of incompetence, or else the genius of that product placement, is egregious on a good many people's parts. Especially the actors and actresses... really didn't notice?

EDIT: I haven't watched yet and, as I said, I'll probably binge it when it's done but they've really pissed on GRRM's work as far as I can tell - again the actors and actresses: you *really* didn't notice the dive in your scripts?

I can tell you what they likely did notice.  The number of zeros on their checks and the fact that they still cashed.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2019, 10:11:47 pm »
I read the actor playing Jaime kept asking for direction, what's my motivations why am i doing this? However that was written by an anonymous person on reddit so probably didn't even happen. I will still pass this dodgy info on though.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2019, 10:54:02 pm »
I heard about that too and I'm actually inclined to believe it. And then, there is this(SPOILER):
https://winteriscoming.net/2019/05/06/nikolaj-coster-waldau-jaime-heartbreaking-decision/

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2019, 11:56:31 pm »
When you find out that Arya death scene was actually plagerised from Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bnn31g/looks_like_benioff_and_weiss_were_inspired_by_the/

That looks like straight up copying to me.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2019, 11:59:10 pm »
actually it's a totally generic way to kill someone in media.

loads of examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9WVZ7zmog&t=2m21s

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2019, 02:23:57 am »
Music was really good. Although a five minute build up to someone not quite getting through a door when i was expecting either- dragon attack, full scale invasion of kings landing to start seemed a bit weird.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2019, 12:36:21 pm »
I don't even know what to say any more.  Anything that might be decent and meaningful is so ensconced in nonsense that to disentangled it would be to arrive at essentially nothing in the end but some tropes.

actually it's a totally generic way to kill someone in media.

loads of examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9WVZ7zmog&t=2m21s

You mean these show writers don't have any original ideas and are just bartering on tropes and cliches?  Shocked I tell you, shocked.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2019, 02:28:27 pm »
This is me after everything:
https://youtu.be/Aa84ASPwHqA?t=98

I have yet to see Episode 5, but I have seen the leaks and the ones I feared the most turned out to be true.