• 52 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:38:56 pm »
Well, from the Q&A we definitely know that Akokli cannot find Kellhus. Theories have been put forth on ways he has escaped. From Bakkers answer i am now leaning towards Decapitant. But, i also like to think that that serene place he talked to himself in his dreams is his own little niché in the Outside. That he's warring to kill the 100 and end the soul munching, rewrite the rules of the Outside, so to say. But, please, id live to hear your thoughts on where he is. Because he isnt God food, that has been confirmed. Also confirmed, is that he tricked the Trickster, as ive been saying. Sorry, Redeagl, youll be seeing more of Kellhus.

Quote from:  Jurble
Not to derail this thread, but the Baby Kellhus Theory (henceforth to be referred to as M+A=K) isn't contingent on Kellhus knowing Mimara has TJE.  Its only presumption is that Kellhus is now a baby.

If you want me to, i will go back to Westeros and here and quote your posts. You inferred that the Tapestry was proof of Baby Kellhus, it confirmed it. Mimara's baby was vorn before the rise of the No-God, so it got its soul from the Outside. The only way possible that Kellhus became Mimara's baby is if when he died he went ro the Outside and at the time of birth his soul went to the babies. I guess its plausible, but he would of had ro have known a lot about Mimara. If he knew nothing about the meaning of the Tapestry, that tells me he knew nothing of her being pregnant.

Anyhow, i am open to any all all theories and would live to hear all your ideas.

[Wilshire: Editing title slightly to remove possible spoiler content - it's getting harder to come up with good ones!]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:41:55 am by Wilshire »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 09:57:23 pm »
The only way possible that Kellhus became Mimara's baby is if when he died he went ro the Outside and at the time of birth his soul went to the babies. I guess its plausible, but he would of had ro have known a lot about Mimara. If he knew nothing about the meaning of the Tapestry, that tells me he knew nothing of her being pregnant.

Anyhow, i am open to any all all theories and would live to hear all your ideas.

Wouldn't Kellhus have seen Mimara when they met prior to the battle, or am I mis-remembering and only Achamian was there?  If they did meet, then he would know she was pregnant and may well have be able to tell it was twins (Koringhus could work this out, so presumably Kellhus could as well).
Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »
Mimara never seen him once when they joined the Ordeal, until holograph Kellhus appeared, IIRC. I could be wrong, dont think so though.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:25:26 pm »
Mimara never seen him once when they joined the Ordeal, until holograph Kellhus appeared, IIRC. I could be wrong, dont think so though.
I think Mimara saw him in the last Whelming, though my memory is bad, he could have had already teleported by the time Mimara bypassed Kayutas and Serwa.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37:29 pm »
Bakker just confirmed that Kellhus is no baby in the Q&A. 

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:23:44 am »
Quote from:  MGM

I know, i asked the question. But, to believers of said theory, here is their space and chance to argue their case. :)

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:51:43 am »
Quote from:  MGM

I know, i asked the question. But, to believers of said theory, here is their space and chance to argue their case. :)
I would point out that Bakker has lied before.  He said Cnaür's story was done in TTT and... yeah...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 12:54:20 am »
True. Alas, i will take him at his word, this older, wiser RSB. ;)

jurble

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 02:25:02 am »
Look closely at what Bakker said:
Um, Kellhus is no baby.
Do you see what I see?
Kellhus is no baby.
Look closer.
no baby.

Kellhus is the No-Baby.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 04:10:33 am »
I'm not sure what to take from Bakker's "Well, Ajokli can't find him" in regards to the question he responded to. The more I thought about it today, the scene seems to confirm that the rumors are true, that the Aspect Emperor had been possessed during his incursions to the Outside. He goes from defying the Mutilated to conscripting them into some kind of dark reign of terror.

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 04:16:24 am »
I think Mimara saw him in the last Whelming, though my memory is bad, he could have had already teleported by the time Mimara bypassed Kayutas and Serwa.

Kellhus appears outside the tent while Mimara is in labor (screaming her lungs out, at that) while he speaks with Akka. Esmenet appears at the end of the conversation to berate Akka for leaving, but sees Kellhus standing there.

There's no way Kellhus wasn't aware of Mimara's situation. If he didn't hear her, he certainly saw it in the faces of Akka and Esmenet.

I don't think he's the baby, though.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »
Well, from the Q&A we definitely know that Akokli cannot find Kellhus. Theories have been put forth on ways he has escaped. From Bakkers answer i am now leaning towards Decapitant. But, i also like to think that that serene place he talked to himself in his dreams is his own little niché in the Outside. That he's warring to kill the 100 and end the soul munching, rewrite the rules of the Outside, so to say. But, please, id live to hear your thoughts on where he is. Because he isnt God food, that has been confirmed. Also confirmed, is that he tricked the Trickster, as ive been saying. Sorry, Redeagl, youll be seeing more of Kellhus.

To the bold, I'm not sure that's confirmed - mind you, I haven't read through the thread in full yet.

Yup. The Eye refuses to open, as far as I recall the line (and that's potentially a misquote now).

I'm not sure what to take from Bakker's "Well, Ajokli can't find him" in regards to the question he responded to. The more I thought about it today, the scene seems to confirm that the rumors are true, that the Aspect Emperor had been possessed during his incursions to the Outside. He goes from defying the Mutilated to conscripting them into some kind of dark reign of terror.

To the bold, it's been suggested that Ajokli is able to enter the World through a suitable host and only at the World's deepest topoi (Golgotterath/The Golden Room).

The contention between readers right now seems to be whether Kellhus and Ajokli made a deal or if Kellhus didn't know about Ajokli's manipulations at all.

There's no way Kellhus wasn't aware of Mimara's situation. If he didn't hear her, he certainly saw it in the faces of Akka and Esmenet.

Lol, I'd suggest that Fate/Anagke had a greater role midwifing Achamian and Mimara's journey than did Kellhus.

But I also think there are reasons we could rationalize Kellhus' conditioning of their journey that don't result in Baby-Kellhus ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 05:23:10 pm »
Akka and Mimara were there to get Esme to safety after what happened happened. I reckon that's the secret mission Koringhus sensed, i think it's stated explicitly in the text in TUC somewhere, about how Akka thinks he's brought Mimara to judge Kellhus but in actual fact it;s to reclaim esme.

Also read the Last Whelming chapter from Mimara;s point of view , as Kellhus looks up to her and "sees" then straight away grabs Kel and teleports through, will try and get the quote.

And in her sould she screams, open!Open! you must open!But the eyes refuses to listen.It is as stubborn as she.and her step-fathers mortal blue eyes see... before waxing sudden,shining white.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »
Quote from:  Madness
To the bold, I'm not sure that's confirmed - mind you, I haven't read through the thread in full yet.

I asked if Kellhus made it to the Outside, Bakkers response was, "Well, Ajokli cant find him."

So, we also know he's not a baby, which was straight up confirmed. His answer to my question would suggest that he did indeed trick the Trickster. Either a Decapitant or he's in his own lil niche in the Outside somewhere. Id say that the Decapitant theory is most likely.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »
Given that answer and given the glossary entry on the Decapitants I think the most likely explanation is that he is hiding in the head next to Malowebi.