Poll

Provided there is more story coming, do you think there is a time skip forward of a few years, or do you think the story continues from the end of TUC

Story jumps forward a significant period of time
7 (46.7%)
Story continues from basically the end of TUC
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

[TUC SPOILERS] After this...

• 65 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2017, 07:50:22 pm »
Sorry, still cant use quote function from my phone. But, pertaining to No-God being sorcerous, then how does it function with chorae embedded in it the first time around? The chorae was there for protection against sorcery, only removed because the Mutilated expected Kellhus to take up the Carapace. No, the No-God is just an extension of the Ark, just like its said in the book. Basically the harddrive is how i view it. (Please take that analogy with a grain of salt, i know shit about tech shit.)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2017, 08:06:48 pm »
Sorry, still cant use quote function from my phone. But, pertaining to No-God being sorcerous, then how does it function with chorae embedded in it the first time around? The chorae was there for protection against sorcery, only removed because the Mutilated expected Kellhus to take up the Carapace. No, the No-God is just an extension of the Ark, just like its said in the book. Basically the harddrive is how i view it. (Please take that analogy with a grain of salt, i know shit about tech shit.)

I get it, but its very hard to separate metaphysical from magical, and harder still to justify why anarcane ground and chorae horde have any effect whatsoever if its not magical in nature in some way.

MSJ, can you tell your phone to use the desktop site? I know if you're using Chrome you can click 'request desktop site' from the options. Not sure why but the mobile site seems to be shit.
You could also switch it back to the old format :(
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
Yeah, I don't particularly go for the idea that the NG is purely mechanical. It's definitely metaphysical - it requires a soul to work, and it hinges on meaning (Subject and Object collapsed), just like sorcery (or the Gnosis, at least).

It combines the two aspects, imo. Tekne and metaphysics. The Fathers of the Inchoroi and the Ark by extension would not have come up with the solution that is the NG - they knew nothing about sorcery.
You are the fist that beats us.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 08:21:38 pm »
Well, thats not how i see it. It needs a soul and a special one, i agree. So there is something metaphysical. But, is see it as an extension with a game plan downloaded into it by the Progenitors. Maybe it juat needs a strong soul, one who is close to the Outside in some manner. Nayu-Cayuti was said to be rode by Gilgoal and we know Kellhus has that connection. Where this part breaks down is that Kelmommas was able to take over the Carapace.

Which is highly confusing. Because, its like Kel was pre-ordained to be the No-God. Hence, him being blind to the Gods. After this layer of revelation, i dont think Ajokli had any control at all over Kel. It was predetermined that he would be the No-God and this contradicts wvwrything we know about Nayu-Cayuti. So, its obviously something else that  makes one suitable for the Carapace. Something we're not seeing.

ETA: Wilshire, thanks. But, i truly love the Mobile format, I'll just have to be bothered to quote manually, poor me. ;)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 10:12:01 pm »
Well, thats not how i see it. It needs a soul and a special one, i agree. So there is something metaphysical. But, is see it as an extension with a game plan downloaded into it by the Progenitors. Maybe it juat needs a strong soul, one who is close to the Outside in some manner. Nayu-Cayuti was said to be rode by Gilgoal and we know Kellhus has that connection. Where this part breaks down is that Kelmommas was able to take over the Carapace.

Which is highly confusing. Because, its like Kel was pre-ordained to be the No-God. Hence, him being blind to the Gods. After this layer of revelation, i dont think Ajokli had any control at all over Kel. It was predetermined that he would be the No-God and this contradicts wvwrything we know about Nayu-Cayuti. So, its obviously something else that  makes one suitable for the Carapace. Something we're not seeing.

ETA: Wilshire, thanks. But, i truly love the Mobile format, I'll just have to be bothered to quote manually, poor me. ;)

Link to another thread covering my far-fetched theory of why NC and Kel:

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=2254.msg35463#msg35463

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:59 am »
Any way you slice it, the fate of Earwa rests in the hands of Zeum and the women of the Three Seas.

Preach ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer