• 45 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »
Quote from: Madness
No, Trisk... but I will feel the shadow pleasure will cast across the pain that follows ;).

It'd be neat, jogrady, if the Nonmen could have a redemptive moment - it will certainly take something like that for them ever to support humans wholesale.

On the opposite end, the Nonmen are about to have the ultimate chance for an Erratic moment... choosing to sacrifice the Ordeal for memories.

I think, it's pretty safe bet though that Serwa is a pregnancy lure.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »
Quote from: Octavian
Madness, I think the same. There are so many seeds that have been planted for it. The human male who got the nonman nobles wife pregnant (the baby was born and raised as a nonman). Also, the Kellhus and his lineage are said to have nonman blood, pointing to why they lived so long prior to the Dunyain.

Mimara reminded Cleric of his wife, deeply. Serwa and her share the same mother and she was Kellhus's blood and some of his Dunyain makeup. Plus she bears Seswatha inside her, what will the nonmen see indeed when the gaze upon her?

That seen before they left and it was stated that Kellhus took her away and spook to her secretly always reminded me of the scene in Return of the King where Elrond did the same with Arwen. I wonder what was said.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:56:14 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Well, there's a speculation going around that Esmenet is also somehow of the ancient Cunoroi/Halaroi stock.

Though, there is definitely something else going on with the women in Esmenet's family.

Oh, Serwa... she's an object of my obsession, that's for sure.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:25 pm »
Lol, segues abound.

I think the question remains - will there be notable personages among the Mangaecca or are they relegated to be the Consult's inept henchmen?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:04 pm »
Perhaps everyone has misunderstood/misinterrpreted the metaphysics of the earwa universe (including diagetic in universe interpretations) and the mantle actually flows through the female line, not the male line?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 01:17:01 pm »
I'm assuming your line of thought, perhaps.

But I think that opens to a great question though: Are the Mangaecca composed of original stock, kept alive across the millenia by various means? Do they recruit? Train the captured children of the remaining Northern tribes like the Werigda?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »
Or maybe they capture little children collecting salt...

But I suppose it is possible that people from the remaining norther tribes could be recruited. Or Eanna even. There is nothing that says the Three Seas has a monopoly of babies that can see the onta. Would it be worth it though? Could you find a child from the wasted North that could rival the intelegence of Shae? Probably not. But they could make good cannon fodder.

However, the Aporos seems to be a pretty lame branch of sorcery. All it does is negate sorcery. I suppose if they could maintain no-magic fields that kept their enemies from using theirs but allowed the Inchoroi to rain down the pain, that could be useful.

Don't know enough about it to say whether or not it would be useful to have a bunch of new kids running around.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 01:38:18 am »
Could you find a child from the wasted North that could rival the intelegence of Shae? Probably not. But they could make good cannon fodder.

Well, if the Mangaecca exists anymore in human numbers this is really the only option. And Shaeonanra is an anomaly. He figured out how to do something that Mangaeccan Grandmasters of over two hundred years couldn't do.

The rest of the Mangaecca were originally derived from normal human stock. If anything, being brutal to begin with and using the IF as a tool of indoctrination is probably horrifyingly effective.

Lol - "You're of the Few. Come train with us and have power" followed by a nicely timed "oh, yeah, fyi, doing sorcery Marks you as Damned, here look at this" ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Garet Jax

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »
Lol - "You're of the Few. Come train with us and have power" followed by a nicely timed "oh, yeah, fyi, doing sorcery Marks you as Damned, here look at this" ;).

Thank you for that.  Hadn't had a good laugh while at work in a while.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 03:56:14 pm »
Cannon fodder seems ambiguous. I don't know what I was implying, but I suppose you could say any Aporatic schoolman other than Shae could be considered as such. Besides, it would be hard to make a few billion chorae to furnish an entire sranc army immune to sorcery, so he might need some initiates to work for a few thousand years to do so. Sounds like condescending work for someone as brilliant as Shae (and with his ego).

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 10:13:08 pm »
Cannon fodder seems ambiguous. I don't know what I was implying, but I suppose you could say any Aporatic schoolman other than Shae could be considered as such. Besides, it would be hard to make a few billion chorae to furnish an entire sranc army immune to sorcery, so he might need some initiates to work for a few thousand years to do so. Sounds like condescending work for someone as brilliant as Shae (and with his ego).

I'm back on the "replenishing regular Gnostic Mangaeccan sorcerers."

Aporatic, smaporatic, I've been sufficiently convinced than an Aporos wielding sorcerer will be impossible or lame.

Thank you for that.  Hadn't had a good laugh while at work in a while.

I'm proud. I also laughed when the logic came upon me.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:46 pm »

I'll allow it. Why wouldn't they at least try? 4000 years is a long time.

Aporatic, smaporatic, I've been sufficiently convinced than an Aporos wielding sorcerer will be impossible or lame.

I agree, but they can still do lame things like be chained to tables and forces to endlessly turn little metal balls and wooden sticks into a massive stockpile of anti-sorcery weapons and armor. I doubt one sends an Aporetic Sorcerer into the field, as they probably only have anti-magic magic, which makes them almost entirely useless since everyone has Ward, and chorae are permanent.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »

I'll allow it. Why wouldn't they at least try? 4000 years is a long time.

Elsewhere (this forum and otherwise) the consensus seems to be that the Mangaecca don't recruit humans and that Shauriatas is the only OG left.

I agree, but they can still do lame things like be chained to tables and forces to endlessly turn little metal balls and wooden sticks into a massive stockpile of anti-sorcery weapons and armor. I doubt one sends an Aporetic Sorcerer into the field, as they probably only have anti-magic magic, which makes them almost entirely useless since everyone has Ward, and chorae are permanent.

Lol - keyword being: lame!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 07:52:16 pm »
Lame =/= unimportant. Perhaps taking 20 years to properly launch The Ordeal in the first place was lame, but some things need to be done for the sake of victory.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »
I'm a sociocultural junkie so I thought that the whole "organizing an entire empire to properly launch the Ordeal" was awesome!

Not lame.

However: lame =/= unimportant.

Stupid aporetic sorcerers.

*kicks cat*
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer