• 320 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »
I'm eagerly awaiting the next podcast.  :)  And perhaps the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Moënghus theories that TGO crushed? ;)

Moënghus theories never die, they simply change.

I'd say their dead, dead as a door nail! Alas, I shed a tear everytime I read the Meppa reveal...
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:38 pm »
I'll send a PM later today. See if we can't arrange one for this week or next (though, apparently, it's Monday again already :-\ ).

I'm eagerly awaiting the next podcast.  :)  And perhaps the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Moënghus theories that TGO crushed? ;)

You should come on one, Titan. I'll include you in the PM when I get back to the top of the forum ;).

Also, off topic but I really appreciate that Kellhus admitted he killed his father in error. I think it validates Moenghus' power but also confirms his death.

Though, that will not put to rest my Moenghus-Ascended theory ;).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:32:12 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Titan

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »
So what is the shortest path to a new podcast episode? Surely there is something to discuss about TGO...  ;)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »
A short path is finding me more time - which I actually committed in my head to try and figure out some of this out tonight, supposing I don't have a lab today - or a whole 'nother person to edit the existing two recordings I have; one is WLW Reread Cast, one is a TGO Cast (which actually ended up being entirely about the two excerpts - Ch. 1 and Ch. 5 - and The False Sun.)

The WLW Reread Cast is particularly ambling and meandering and needs some less conversational moments later in the Cast edited out. The "TGO" Cast has some kind of pervasive noise throughout the recording (which may be background noise from one of the participants), which is the same reason Cast #4 was shelved indefinitely - because I don't have the audio-editing skill-set necessary to save them.

The shortest path to a new Cast is volunteering to be a new Caster and hopefully having one of more of the usual suspects (a growing list that we throw at dates) join in. Wilshire recording (and having his luck that is not my luck) are a bonus - though he's not been available to do so for a long minute now.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2016, 03:32:02 pm »
I no longer have the quiet solitude of a room and a door for my desktop. Audio recordings may be difficult for me for some time - 6 months approximately.

I'm also traveling a lot for work the next month or two. While this actually provides some means of quiet recording space, hotel wifi is unstable at best, with the added demerit of not having an ethernet connection. Its a possibility to try, I can get the necessary equipment/software on my work laptop, but potentially disastrous, both for the recording and my Lord of Swans lucky streak.

That said, I think Thursday's will be my days. Sep 22nd, Sep 29th, Oct 6th, and Oct 13th. Approximately between the hours of 4pm and 8pm EST.

One of the other conditions of possibility.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2016, 11:22:33 pm »
The "TGO" Cast has some kind of pervasive noise throughout the recording (which may be background noise from one of the participants), which is the same reason Cast #4 was shelved indefinitely - because I don't have the audio-editing skill-set necessary to save them.

Was it the hiss coming through on my end?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2016, 03:19:21 pm »
Maybe ;). I'm going to volunteer with the radio at school this year, for other reasons, but I should also be learning some audio editing skills :).

EDIT: The shitty thing about it is that I'm fairly sure you and I asked each other about it real early on in our conversation that night.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2016, 04:50:26 pm »
Yeah I think it was the first thing I asked about when I got on. I bought this fancy LED fan monitor for the front of my PC case but the audio quality seems really weak. I might just have to use different ports next time.

Sorry I sabotaged it!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2016, 05:04:04 pm »
Blame is all mine, Bolivar.

No stress. We'll get a Cast going soon.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »
People should get pop filters for their chosen microphones... Though I imagine most people just use the intrinsic one in their laptop/phone/whatever, which would make that difficult.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2016, 06:58:40 pm »
It was a fan, I believe, and Bolivar and I even addressed it beforehand.

But there's also portions of both of the recent LostCasts that need to be edited and sewn back together, problems aside. There's a redditor who offered to help me based on his interest in the LostCasts with the audiobook narrators, I just haven't gotten around to doing my bit on the files first.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2016, 11:23:45 pm »
What equipment do I need for a cast?
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:37 am »

The internet, skype, and a microphone of some kind.

Bring your own booze, should you desire it :).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:09:51 am by Wilshire »

Titan

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2016, 01:13:21 am »

The internet, skype, and a microphone of some kind.

I'm not a podcaster - but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night  ;D - but I do work remote and communicate via voice chat all day with my co-workers... So similar issues would come into play. And IMO a headset (w/ microphone) - not just a standalone mic - does wonders for audio clarity. (less issues with feedback and audio loops if the mic can't pick up other voices) It also lets you hear others better and can determine easier if their audio is acceptable.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2016, 05:29:36 pm »
So madness what is your current record for recorded casts to published casts :P j/k.

How am i meant to get internet famous if you don't put out my broadcasts!