TSACast (SA Podcast)

• 320 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2017, 11:47:06 am »
Aw! You would consider moi? A star is born! Hee hee

Would very much like to join one, but leaving town this Friday with my older son to camp with him at Boy Scout camp in Rainey Mountain ( Clayton, Georgia, USA ) for the week. I know, not the shortest path, but it should be a blast ( a Dunyain would attend the podcast BEFORE going camping ... you know, the Darkness That Came Before ... never mind, I'm not funny like Beard ). Went with him last year as well to Camp Daniel Boone in North Carolina - I was limping from just walking around ( very steep mountain sides, gorgeous stuff ). Forgive my enthusiasm, but we sea level dwellers are amazed by mountains when we infrequently encounter them - like, whoa! They're so big! We're really going up there?

I'll be with you in spirit, old friend.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2017, 11:55:06 am »
I'll be preoccupied 16th/17th. And, in case anyone needs a reminder, the 18th is Father's Day, and I'll also likely be busy for at least part of that day.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2017, 08:56:03 pm »
BFK, themerchant, and anyone else, do you want to aim for 3pm EST this Saturday again? (Though, this time I probably won't be free for a three hour post-Cast ;).)
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

The Judging i

• Emwama
  • There is no such thing as a free lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2017, 10:00:22 pm »
Can I please join in on this cast?  I would love the opportunity to showcase my ignorance. 

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:47 pm »
Can I please join in on this cast?  I would love the opportunity to showcase my ignorance. 
BFK, themerchant, and anyone else, do you want to aim for 3pm EST this Saturday again? (Though, this time I probably won't be free for a three hour post-Cast ;).)
Hiro is also interested. i is interested! I, BFK, am also interested and can make myself available.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:13:15 am by Beardfisher King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2017, 10:50:36 pm »
Do we want to discuss Chapters One and Two of TUC?
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:48 am »
We never, ever, ever stay on topic anyway.

Be interesting to get everyone first impressions of the chapters and all the different ways we read it.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2017, 02:28:11 pm »
profgrape wants to put out the call for a Cast. We've previously found successful melds to occur weekday evenings at 7/8pm EST as well as in the 10am-4pm range EST on Saturday/Sundays.

Anyone is welcome, we do audio only, have a pre/post Cast discussions, and have previously used Skype (though recently a group of us got together on Discord to do a Chat - an informal version of the Casts).

Cheers. If a couple people reply with interest, it usually takes a week or so for the PM thread to decide on a date. This will be the first post-TUC Cast.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »
Count me in as interested and i'll try and make it. You guys pick the time as i lost that privilege with a no-show.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »
I'm obviously in.  But I strongly encourage new folks to join.  Madness is a great moderator and it's a lot of fun, especially when we've a ton of TUC material to discuss!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2017, 03:50:14 pm »
I'm fairly sure we can get Wilshire or GJ, given enough advance time. I still would like to get at least one new member - that was a staple of the majority of the Casts.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2017, 08:58:38 pm »
profgrape wants to put out the call for a Cast. We've previously found successful melds to occur weekday evenings at 7/8pm EST as well as in the 10am-4pm range EST on Saturday/Sundays.

Anyone is welcome, we do audio only, have a pre/post Cast discussions, and have previously used Skype (though recently a group of us got together on Discord to do a Chat - an informal version of the Casts).

Cheers. If a couple people reply with interest, it usually takes a week or so for the PM thread to decide on a date. This will be the first post-TUC Cast.
Count me in. My broken English will butcher the cast :P . Scheduling with the college term beginning in two days will be far harder for me but let's see if I can still join.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:27 am »
If you could do after or at 9pm est I would be available.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2017, 08:32:04 am »
Sure I'm in
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2017, 06:03:59 pm »
I'll try and get a PM out tomorrow so I can start throwing out dates and times and be shot down until we find one that works for some of us ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer