Hey

• 3 Replies

Mac

• Emwama
    • View Profile

Hey

« on: October 18, 2013, 11:46:39 am »
Hey guys.

Stumbled across this forum after trying to find out more about the series after finishing TJE. I must admit, after reading a lot of the stuff on here I thought the whole series was wasted on me after just one read through, but I have now decided that for the first time ever I am going to do a re read.

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to some of the excellent crackpot theories I've seen on here and perhaps come out with a few of my own, although I doubt they will stand up to the scrutiny of you well informed gents.

I'm going to take my time with the re reads however, so it might take some time before I start throwing any decent ideas around.

By the way, what is 'nerdanel'? I know it's from Tolkien, but I don't get the relevance...

Mac.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:58:53 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Mac.

I invite you to record your thoughts for The Almanac (which is the stalled forum reread) and create new threads for chapters if you do record.

Also, Nerdanel was a forum poster on Westeros who disappeared from posting sometime after TJE came out. Nerdanel had the most outlandish theories. Now Nerdanel has become synonymous with our nerdanels :).

It's like Marklar.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:01:22 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:09 am »
By the way, what is 'nerdanel'?

This is how I know you've been lurking for a while :P, welcome aboard. Like Madness said, nerdanel is synonymous with crackpot theory. I just stick with crackpot though, since I he was before my time.

Feel free to post you thoughts. Some of us might seem to have had a head start, but we're probably running in the wrong direction.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:46 am »
Hi Mac!  I had to ask about the nernadel too.  I still don't get how that Tolkien word could be linked to the meaning but I get lost in my own town so who knows!