Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »
Lol, yeah, sorry I forgot that Gemmell, SR.

How didn't Snaga and the Swords of Night and Day come to my mind :-/.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:48:39 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 12:00:30 am »
In Luke Scull there men who have been integrated with magic that enhance their fighting ability. Alot of great and neat wepons come from this. The one I like most is a guy who has magical shoes that make him have ridiculous speed. There are others, but right now I can't seem to think of other. Really neat magical system in those book. I've heard the books described as Abercrombie but wit actual magic. A great description.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:55 pm »
The one I like most is a guy who has magical shoes that make him have ridiculous speed
The prefered 'weapon' of ye ol' famous drow elf Drizzt. He kills some guy who is wearing them as gauntlets, takes them, decides that having them on your wrists is ridiculous because you can't move your feet fast enough to make meaningful adjustments to your 'style', puts them on his feet, and he becomes invincible for the next 200 books.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:59 pm »
Hust swords mentioned in Malazan.

"... were made in the forges of the Hust Hold in the realm of Kurald Galain. These swords were quenched in Dragon's blood and were forged to slay Eleint."
An Eleint is a Dragon, btw.

They also made a sound like hysterical laughter when killing. very creepy.

Other magical properties
"They were supposedly immortal, immune to all decay, and could shear other blades in two. A broken Hust sword would also heal in time. It could also sense those of Eleint blood nearby, other than its wielder. Hust blades protected their wielders from exhaustion, magic and mundane attacks, and enhanced the wielder's capabilities by 'fusing' with them. This could cause destruction of the physical body of a person wielding the Hust sword, since their actions were beyond the limits of their body.

Hust weapons were known to be possessed, laughing and shrieking with glee as they slaughtered everyone who dared face its wielder in the battlefield."
One of the other conditions of possibility.