Uneducated Intellectual Dilettante Seeks Accommodating Audience

• 6 Replies

solipsisticurge

• Momurai
  • There is a head on a pole behind him.
    • View Profile
« on: August 11, 2017, 08:05:21 pm »
Hi, all! Registered way back when, began posting recently.

Please forgive any sudden, unexplained absences from conversations; I work a job that doesn't allow computer access, and my free time is divided among genre fiction, video games, punk rock, my wife and my freshly year-old daughter, so I will sporadically bow out unannounced for long periods of time due to other commitments (or due to the subject matter at hand eclipsing my expertise or ease of comprehension. I despise intellectual laziness in everyone but myself, for whom it is, of course, 100% justified at all times.)

Happy to be shooting out crackpot theories on what has become my favorite series of all time!
Kings never lie. They demand the world be mistaken.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
Welcome to non-lurkerhood! ;) I might be mistaken, but I think I recognize your username from the TV Tropes Second Apocalypse page.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:43:13 pm »
Welcome, fellow user with a long name!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »
Welcome again to the Second Apocalypse, soliptisticurge (which I tripped over with my tongue a number of times recently referencing some of your posts).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

solipsisticurge

• Momurai
  • There is a head on a pole behind him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 07:01:37 am »
Welcome to non-lurkerhood! ;) I might be mistaken, but I think I recognize your username from the TV Tropes Second Apocalypse page.

I believe I made one drunken attempt at an edit one evening, realized I had no idea whatsoever what I was doing, and bowed out before causing too much harm.

Welcome again to the Second Apocalypse, soliptisticurge (which I tripped over with my tongue a number of times recently referencing some of your posts).

My posts are drawing the attention of the mods. All is going according to plan. Now for Phase Seven...
Kings never lie. They demand the world be mistaken.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 01:12:42 pm »
My posts are drawing the attention of the mods. All is going according to plan. Now for Phase Seven...

Lol, less Mod-Hat Madness, more Post-Reader Madness ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »

I believe I made one drunken attempt at an edit one evening, realized I had no idea whatsoever what I was doing, and bowed out before causing too much harm.

I don't think you caused any harm at all, you should go back at some point. ;) It's always confusing to go around contributing to TV Tropes pages at first.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)