H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »
Perhaps there already is one and I have missed it, but have you ever considering putting together a reading list of philosophical works that could help people get a better understanding of the philosophy behind the Second Apocalypse?

Or perhaps ever writing a sort of "guide" after the series is over?  Preferably something that even a dumb-dumb like me could understand?  :-[
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:22:32 am »
It's really hard for me to recommend philosophy texts because so many of them require a philosophy degree to really appreciate. This is even the case with most internet resources, including Wikipedia, let alone SEP. Susan Blackmore's A Short Introduction to Consciousness is outstanding as a philosophy of mind introduction, but looking at my walls, even my freshmen texts strike me as too far down the conceptual path dependency road to serve as a lay introduction. Rereading one of them, Churchland's Matter and Consciousness, last year made me realize how I little of it I understood as a freshmen.

I remember enjoying Wil Durant's The Story of Philosophy as a young teen, but it strikes me as crap now. I do think many of the comic book introductions to philosophers are actually quite good, but I've only ever perused them at friends' houses and bookstores.