Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 12:55:12 pm »
I don't doubt the metaphysics of Earwa lends itself to Prophecy, but how could one living under Earwa's arrow of time sort out what will happen in the future?

What is Earwa's Arrow of Time and how does it point? I think defining this is crucial to this discussion.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »
What is Earwa's Arrow of Time and how does it point? I think defining this is crucial to this discussion.

I don't know...even if it's circular or subject to some backward causality those living within the flow of time don't seem to have a way to tell false and true prophecies apart.

I suppose one technique to differentiate is to examine the qualities of the varied Prophet's souls - but it seems to me the Inchie Bros are just fanatics who've bet too much on things turning out the way they hope/need them to.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:28 pm »
Arrow of Time = Author's will

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:12 am »
There is either/or/and an origination/finality point from which the narrative commences/at which the narrative ends.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »
@ lockesnow
The Consult KNOW that Kellhus came to the Momemn from the West, accompanied by a Scylvendie of the Utemot and claiming to come from Atraithau to the North and the West of Momemn.

And yet they BEGIN their search to the North and the East of Momemn.  They begin their search North of the Meorn forest, in a forgotten tribe of humans.  Far, far away from the area Kellhus claims to have originated from.

Why?

whistles

Totally missed that.  So the insinuation is that the Consult are aware of a prophecy of something coming from the east?  I think there's lots of biblical stuff about things coming from the east, prophetic/end of the world.  Someone from that 5th tribe?