*If* Khellus is sending the NC dreams...

• 40 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »
The timing of when Akka's Dreams changed is somewhat ambiguous.  When Akka tells Mimara about the changes, he starts by saying "I'm not even sure when it began happening." 

We do know, however, that it was at least a year and change before the start of TJE.  After he dreams of Seswatha stubbing his toe, he states:

"And of course the next night it was back to the Dreams as I knew them.  Back to the blood and the fire and the horror. A year passed, maybe more..."

Then he has the dream about scolding the student and "two months" after that, he dreams about reading Gotagga's Paropolis.  This is the point where he becomes convinced that the dreams are real.  But after that, it's hard to get a sense of how  much time passes.  It definitely seems to be a matter a years, though.

As to who's behind it all, Kellhus remains my top choice.  He's likely the most powerful sorcerer in the world -- sending dreams would be easy for him.  And subtle manipulation over a period of years sounds like exactly the sort of thing you'd expect from a Dunyain. 

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 02:44:13 am »
It would be incredible if Kellhus' abilities have come so far that he could faifthfully rebuild those lost classic texts by virtue of pure deduction and the time he's spent in the Three Seas.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:07 am »
It would be incredible if Kellhus' abilities have come so far that he could faifthfully rebuild those lost classic texts by virtue of pure deduction and the time he's spent in the Three Seas.

That's definitely where things get a bit sketchy. My best explanation is that Kellhus:

1. Has a link with Seswatha. Most likely formed when he "spoke" with him in TTT.

2. Has received additional information through the link. Either because Seswatha is helping him or through sorcerous coercion.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »
Golgotteranth Is deep with tunnels in and out, did the barricades go all the way down?  Did they excavate around the ark to build the nimil down? Could kellhus fold space to crush the ark?  Salvage the nimil for uses of the great ordeal?

All typ0s courtesy of Samsung.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 01:23:15 am »
Golgotteranth Is deep with tunnels in and out, did the barricades go all the way down?  Did they excavate around the ark to build the nimil down? Could kellhus fold space to crush the ark?  Salvage the nimil for uses of the great ordeal?

All typ0s courtesy of Samsung.

Off topic, but, to what end?
Would cladding the entire Ordeal in Nimil, or all the elites, serve a purpose? I doubt it would really save many lives in the end. Its the schoolmen that need protection....

Melt down all the Nimil, make tanks out of it, put schoolmen inside tank, imbed chorae in tank shell. Call it a carapace.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:07:50 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 09:36:23 pm »
perhaps Akka is being sent dreams, but not by Kellhus?

i think that the dream/vision that Kellhus has on the circumfix was sent by Moenghus, so maybe Moe could be sending Akka the dreams?  (to me, the end of TWP is so miraculous there's no way it couldn't have been orchestrated via Psukhe)

one point in favor of this, i think the only example of dreams being 'sent' is from Moe to Ishual.  all other instances are people like Akka having a dream (seemingly) on his own, or two sorcerers meeting in some kind of dream space.

what i'm getting at is that perhaps only psukari can send dreams without leaving a mark.  in TDTCB, Akka does not want to use compulsions on Inrau because it would leave some kind of residual mark that would reveal Akka's tampering to the college of Luthymae.  if Akka is being sent dreams by a gnostic sorcerer, then perhaps it would be revealed to him or Mimara.  maybe Akka is too blasted for it to make a difference, but there you go.  Moenghus would be able to send dreams hither and thither with the recipient none the wiser.

P.S. on the crackpot extreme, Moenghus + Cishaurim + 30 years = subtle manipulation of every great person in the 3 seas?  (if and only if sending dreams is not limited to personally knowing the place/person that you are sending too -- i think this is possible, think of when the Cishaurim warped into the Scarlet Spires, presumably, they had never been there before; proof that the Psukhe is greater than the Gnosis?)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 10:12:32 pm »
Would be real hard for Moe to do that being that he's dead and all. If he ascended into some kind of god-hood, then I suppose he could do such things.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »
No, no, no... Moe didn't die: he transferred himself into Cnaiur's body before the Chorae.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 10:49:11 pm »
Would be real hard for Moe to do that being that he's dead and all. If he ascended into some kind of god-hood, then I suppose he could do such things.

SOOO NOT DEAD!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 12:34:38 am »
This isn't a 'is moe dead thread' ;)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »
No spam, MG.