• 11 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:46 pm »
Wvu fan through and through. Playing in a bad bowl vs Utah. QB is hurt, though just said he'll be back for senior year.

That makes next year our best chance at aBIGXII title. Grier healthy and a older mature D, and I think we'll be a tough out for anyone.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:00:42 pm »
I don't follow college football much anymore, but I'm a UF alumnus, so I root for Gators in all things. Beyond Gators, I root for SEC teams to get the job done when Gators can't. But I don't follow so can't speak intelligently about it, sorry about that. But happy to hear your thoughts on the state of affairs. I'm rooting for Bulldogs to win it all since my boss is a fan and graduated from that school.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:33:42 pm »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
I don't follow college football much anymore, but I'm a UF alumnus, so I root for Gators in all things. Beyond Gators, I root for SEC teams to get the job done when Gators can't. But I don't follow so can't speak intelligently about it, sorry about that. But happy to hear your thoughts on the state of affairs. I'm rooting for Bulldogs to win it all since my boss is a fan and graduated from that school.

I've always had nothi g but respect for you. But if you're one of those squares who chant SEC, even as their team is getting beat.....well I've lost a little respect for you.
1. You get to root for a team, not a whole fucking conference that is heavily overrated and has the advantage of the. Championship committee thinking the SEC d2arts roses. Sorry, I cannot accept this.

2. Your basically rooting for your own teams rivals. The teams you play against every Saturday. I can't comprehend this at all.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:56:25 pm »

I've always had nothi g but respect for you. But if you're one of those squares who chant SEC, even as their team is getting beat.....well I've lost a little respect for you.
1. You get to root for a team, not a whole fucking conference that is heavily overrated and has the advantage of the. Championship committee thinking the SEC d2arts roses. Sorry, I cannot accept this.

2. Your basically rooting for your own teams rivals. The teams you play against every Saturday. I can't comprehend this at all.

I admit I am a difficult man to comprehend, my friend. My complexity is such that it collapses in on itself to appear dull/simplistic/idiotic even.

I'm not lying, LOL - I love the SEC, what can I say - probably comes from the people I've known over the years going to rival schools, so I softened up for them. But if you're point is I'm a piece of shit, you are correct - just not on this, perhaps.

But no, don't think I've ever chanted SEC - just who I root for when the Gators are in the toilet. I like staying interested in sports, so this is defense mechanism against my lousy team not ruining my love of sports.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:59:17 pm by TaoHorror »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »
But if you're point is I'm a piece of shit, you are correct - just not on this, perhaps.

No. I don't think you're a piece of shit. Let me give you a scenario.

WVU vs Georgia 2007, we blew them out. Their fans were shell shocked. Yet, starting chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. Like even though they just got their ass handed to them, there was a chance an SEC team would win the National Championship. Like, who cares? If we got beat, would we chant BIGXII, because Oklahoma has a chance to win the NC? No. Its the corniest shit I've ever seen in sports fandom. You get "one" team, not the whole conference your team plays in..... Weird, if you ask me bruh.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:12:18 pm by MSJ »

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:36:54 am »
But if you're point is I'm a piece of shit, you are correct - just not on this, perhaps.

No. I don't think you're a piece of shit. Let me give you a scenario.

WVU vs Georgia 2007, we blew them out. Their fans were shell shocked. Yet, starting chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. Like even though they just got their ass handed to them, there was a chance an SEC team would win the National Championship. Like, who cares? If we got beat, would we chant BIGXII, because Oklahoma has a chance to win the NC? No. Its the corniest shit I've ever seen in sports fandom. You get "one" team, not the whole conference your team plays in..... Weird, if you ask me bruh.

Well, that is weird, I didn't know anyone did that. No, I don't chant SEC, not sure I ever did and didn't even know that was a thing ( I'm showing my lack of collegiate sports exposure here ). That is lame, just sour grapes for losing. My thing is I still pick teams to root for ( mostly NFL talking here ) after my team has been eliminated. I like to see new teams win, etc.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:29 am »
mostly NFL talking here ) after my team has been eliminated. I like to see new teams win, etc

Me too. NFL, NBA and CF if my team ain't playing don't mean I ain't got a dog in the fight. Hell, there's a lot of teams I watch just to watch a certain player.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:20:14 pm »
Lordy! The college football playoffs has been some of the best sports ever this year. I'm sad Georgia lost, though - my boss is a Bulldog and went to that game - hope he's not in too sour mood when he returns.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
Helluva story. Nick Saban replaces his starting QB at halftime with the backup, a true freshman. Tua T. proceeds to lead 'Bama on five scoring drives, including the dagger of a 41-yard touchdown strike to another true freshman WR for victory in overtime.

ROLL. DAMN. TIDE.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:51 pm »
Yeah, crazy wicked!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21902794/alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs-lead-way-too-early-2018-top-25

Its an odd thing when you look at one of these and see WVU at 10. But, I think next year could be our year. Grier and Sills are coming back, So we will have an explosive offense. And, our D won't be full of freshman. I think we'll be able to hang with anyone next year. We have one of these seasons once a decade.

80's- 88', go undefeated and lose to Notre Dame in the National Championship when Major Harris goes down.

90's- forget exact year but went undefeated and Florida blew us out in the Sugar Bowl.

00's'- 07' Ranked #2 in the country and all we have to do is beat Pitt and we're playing for a NC. We lose 13-9. Right after game Rich Rodriguez announces he is going to Michigan. ALOT of people believe he threw that game so he could go to Michigan. The theory goes that if we win against Pitt and win NC, then RichRod couldn't leave a team he just won a National title with. I was convinced during the game something was up. Pitt was stacking 11 in the box and RichRod would not throw the ball. The have videos about it on YouTube and the assistant coaches are screaming in RichRods face to throw the ball and he just ignored them. Check it out. It convinced me of something I was suspicious of in the 1st place. Oh, we played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and beat em by 30, we Should be won a title that year.

10's- 18', I believe we'll have all the pieces needed to compete at the highest level. Once a decade we do. I think next year is the year.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:47:10 pm by MSJ »

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 12:50:06 am »
90's- forget exact year but went undefeated and Florida blew us out in the Sugar Bowl.

SORRY!  ;D

That brings up an old Gator joke ... how do you make Seminole cookies? Beat the hell out of them in the Sugar Bowl.

00's'- 07' Ranked #2 in the country and all we have to do is beat Pitt and we're playing for a NC. We lose 13-9. Right after game Rich Rodriguez announces he is going to Michigan. ALOT of people believe he threw that game so he could go to Michigan. The theory goes that if we win against Pitt and win NC, then RichRod couldn't leave a team he just won a National title with. I was convinced during the game something was up. Pitt was stacking 11 in the box and RichRod would not throw the ball. The have videos about it on YouTube and the assistant coaches are screaming in RichRods face to throw the ball and he just ignored them. Check it out. It convinced me of something I was suspicious of in the 1st place. Oh, we played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and beat em by 30, we Should be won a title that year.

Would like to see that video, I'm a succor for conspiracy  ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:56:03 am by TaoHorror »