• 91 Replies

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 02:43:08 am »
Interesting that Celmomas (Lil Kel's namesake) was also known as the twinsouled.  Although he was no sorcerer, he did have that prophecy thing going on.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »
There is definitely something up with twins.

Celmomas - Sagas attribute his achievements to being haunted by the ghost of his dead twin.
Psatma - Lost her twin to the pox.
Kelmomas - Killed his twin.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »
Interesting point on twins, Madness.
For some reason I'm gripped by the thought that maybe Sarl is the Captain's twin 8o
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 08:43:38 pm »
and you sort of complete the circuit of watcher and watched in a single entity if you're twin souled.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »
Interesting point on twins, Madness.
For some reason I'm gripped by the thought that maybe Sarl is the Captain's twin 8o

I wants Sarl to be dunyain sooo baaaaad

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 03:56:05 am »
Well if adding innuterals makes the magic better, it might help to have another soul using another 2 or 3 while the physical caster is using the utteral and another 1 or 2 inutterals.
Kelmomas/Samarmas are quite possibly one of the worst people on Earwa, and that's really saying something. The knowledge that he's one of the Few, and potentially far, far more powerful than even his father makes me fear for the future.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 05:21:32 am »
Well if adding innuterals makes the magic better, it might help to have another soul using another 2 or 3 while the physical caster is using the utteral and another 1 or 2 inutterals.
Kelmomas/Samarmas are quite possibly one of the worst people on Earwa, and that's really saying something. The knowledge that he's one of the Few, and potentially far, far more powerful than even his father makes me fear for the future.

This.
No whistling on the slog!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

Awww, is he so bad?  He loves his mom!  Just like the inchoroi love their dear ole dead mum!

Do you really think he's bad or is it just that he's a kid with oedipal issues/other issues and the talent to do something about them?  I bet a lot of kids (me?) would have some terrible ideas pass through the skull but be utterly impotent to effect it.  It's a point that matters, I think, because we either see him go off to be something like a new ranking consult member or he gets to help save humanity because his rare combination of dunyain intellect, massive passion, gift of the few, stability.  Maybe only Serwa has the same combo.  But then they have different naughty bits!

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 04:29:19 pm »
Awww, is he so bad?  He loves his mom!  Just like the inchoroi love their dear ole dead mum!

Yeah, he kinda is.  While Kelhus and other dunyain at large seem to act in accordance with mastering circumstance (thus performing whatever act necessary to accomplish said task, but with detachment), Kelmomas seems to actively enjoy killing and torture.  He revels in it.  Mummy's little monster, literally.  Who could give that little guy any kind of positive guidance to make him not be the worst creature in the Three Seas?  If Kelhus is an egomaniac (like some of us believe), Kelmomas would burn the world on a whim.
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 06:26:30 pm »

This.

+1 - though, I would argue that Inrilatas is worse simply for choosing to become the world's most Damned soul...

Yeah, he kinda is.  While Kelhus and other dunyain at large seem to act in accordance with mastering circumstance (thus performing whatever act necessary to accomplish said task, but with detachment), Kelmomas seems to actively enjoy killing and torture.  He revels in it.  Mummy's little monster, literally.  Who could give that little guy any kind of positive guidance to make him not be the worst creature in the Three Seas?  If Kelhus is an egomaniac (like some of us believe), Kelmomas would burn the world on a whim.

See; Kelmomas planning to burn Momemn in effigy even as he works to cause actual unrest between the Mantle (Esmenet) and the Tusk (Maithanet).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »
Him I disagree. I think by trying to become the most damned, he could no longer become it. Such things could only be  achieved through ignorance... Or maybe that only applies through divinity, and its the opposite for the damned?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 05:18:44 pm »
@ Madness - I never could make up my mind about Inrilatas, I sort of believed him, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he's simply mad and the whole speech is just a ruse to manipulate Kelmomas.  Part of me thinks that the whole affair was Inrilatas just being sick of living and figuring out a nice, grand way to commit suicide.  Now he's in the outside!  If that place runs on passion, he might be some kind of special ciphrang.  :)  Perhaps he leads all the dead members of Kellhus family back on the stage right when we need a deus ex machina.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 09:01:55 pm »
Haha Inrilatas could have been quite the Psukari. What a terrifying thought.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »
@ Madness - I never could make up my mind about Inrilatas, I sort of believed him, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he's simply mad and the whole speech is just a ruse to manipulate Kelmomas.  Part of me thinks that the whole affair was Inrilatas just being sick of living and figuring out a nice, grand way to commit suicide.  Now he's in the outside!  If that place runs on passion, he might be some kind of special ciphrang.  :)  Perhaps he leads all the dead members of Kellhus family back on the stage right when we need a deus ex machina.

I believed him. Inrilatas was actually one of the characters I identified most with (which is fucked up really). But as a child I had no filter and simply called shit as I saw it. I made the choice to consciously continue this as an adult, [except] where I say nothing and hold my tongue, but growing up it caused me a lot of grief and others a lot of sadness or anger.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:30:11 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer