Video Game Thread! What are you playing?

• 138 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2020, 01:18:03 pm »
I have a love-hate relationship with these types of games. I enjoy them and their short game loops, small upgrades and little tweaks to player skill letting you go up and up... But then its sad to take a break and come back months later to realize you can't do half what you could be before you stopped lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2020, 08:55:55 pm »
I have a love-hate relationship with these types of games. I enjoy them and their short game loops, small upgrades and little tweaks to player skill letting you go up and up... But then its sad to take a break and come back months later to realize you can't do half what you could be before you stopped lol.

Heh...Yeah I find myself worried about missing a day of "practice" lest my skills deteriorate.

I think part of the challenge with the harder roguelites is the repetition for sure. Since my last post I have yet to make it to the first boss again in Skul...and yet I *think* I am getting better?

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2020, 03:15:44 am »
Just finished Enderal, had to come by and share about it.

If you don't know about Enderal, it's a total conversion Skyrim mod that has a completely different story, world, landscape, mechanics, lore, etc. from the original game. The mod developers (SureAi) describe it as a "dark, psychological story with believable characters". I am convinced that at least one of the devs is a TSA fan. Let me give you a brief overview of the story:

As you show up to the continent of Enderal, you start to have vivid nightmares of an ancient apocalypse that happened thousands of years ago. There is an order that believes that these nightmares are a clue to help them with the impending apocalypse, which most people believe is not going to happen. A secret group of beings called "The High Ones" is said to behind these apocalyptic event.
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2020, 05:44:24 pm »
Just finished Enderal, had to come by and share about it.

If you don't know about Enderal, it's a total conversion Skyrim mod that has a completely different story, world, landscape, mechanics, lore, etc. from the original game. The mod developers (SureAi) describe it as a "dark, psychological story with believable characters". I am convinced that at least one of the devs is a TSA fan. Let me give you a brief overview of the story:

As you show up to the continent of Enderal, you start to have vivid nightmares of an ancient apocalypse that happened thousands of years ago. There is an order that believes that these nightmares are a clue to help them with the impending apocalypse, which most people believe is not going to happen. A secret group of beings called "The High Ones" is said to behind these apocalyptic event.

That sounds amazing. I am ever enchanted by the idea of games with interesting stories and RPG mechanics, but I find myself largely unable to get into them as of recent years. Still though, total conversion Skyrim mods are awesome, and that particular one sounds fantastic.

I'll try to remember to put it on my list of games I'd love to play but probably never will.
One of the other conditions of possibility.