• Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:14:14 am »
Sweet! Cheers for the link.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:56:09 am »
Yep, thanks, that was an interesting hour.

A TSA cast with Bakker would be the ultimate.
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »
Neat, I think that Bakker pretty well confirms some of our suspicions here that Inchoroi, and probably Nonmen, are allegories of post-humanism.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:59:29 pm »
Neat, I think that Bakker pretty well confirms some of our suspicions here that Inchoroi, and probably Nonmen, are allegories of post-humanism.

True.

On another note (just at the Quorum), I am not sure what to make of Bakker's view on TWP and TTT versus TAE installments.
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:22 pm »
Lol - well, I very much liked it but it could have been much, much better. The co-host unfortunately almost tanked that session.

It's on the list of Dream Dreams.

Lol - Lamb calls the Inchoroi "hedonists." Surely, he knows the Westerosi coals he's kicking...

On another note (just at the Quorum), I am not sure what to make of Bakker's view on TWP and TTT versus TAE installments.

Really?

The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 12:38:07 pm »

Lol - well, I very much liked it but it could have been much, much better. The co-host unfortunately almost tanked that session.

It's on the list of Dream Dreams.

Lol - Lamb calls the Inchoroi "hedonists." Surely, he knows the Westerosi coals he's kicking...

Really?

Yes, really. I guess I should be more specific:

What exactly Bakker finds not to his liking (any more?) as compared to the TAE installments?

What did he not accomplish, that he feels he has been accomplishing in the writing of TAE?

I assume it is related to the pressure the deadlines exude on the writing and the ultimate result. In my opinion, PON, and TWP / TTT in particular, read as more cohesive, compulsive and satisfactory on the whole, as compared to TAE. TUC not included, of course.

While I appreciate TAE's ambitions, I find it (perhaps a reread will convince me otherwise) less successful as a narrative overall, compared to PON. I know Bakker has acknowledged some of these issues as arising from the differences in the character interactions in PON, which are missing (so far) in TAE. I asked the question to understand whether Bakker was again focusing on the narrative nuts and bolts in his podcast remark, or if it was a matter of the execution of said nuts and bolts. Or some combination of plan and execution.

Mystery denotes darkness

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 08:21:14 pm »
Well, art is opinion ultimately - just see it very differently, each book besting the previous, which is not to criticize any of them. At the risk of being called a star-fucker, Bakker's work has been the most thought provoking/fun read I've encountered. All of it wild and special - the stuff just speaks to me, even though I struggle to understand much of it - but it's been a lot of fun trying and connecting with you cats to talk it all through. Every one of his "turns" has surprised me without cheap shock, all making sense when the dust settles. In short, I get his mad.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff