• 4 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Looking for people to help immortalize some of Bakker's more interesting quotes from each book, so I am making this and similar topics for each book. There is the site, called wikiquotes, that is essentially for quoting your author, so Truth Shines' idea was that we could compile a large list of quotes and make a pretty epic page for Bakker.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/R._Scott_Bakker

If you'd like to see any quotes added, post them here and me or someone else will hopefully get around to putting them up on the wiki. Also, if possible, provide the page number, who said it, and the edition (including country).

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:56:31 pm »
I really like the quote about names being like baskets.  It's in reference to Shimeh and I think it's before the assault, but I can't find it!

Nichamian

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:40 pm »
I'm terribly sorry if I've put this in the wrong thread but it is quote related....

Somewhere in the series a segment or chapter ends with a line about 'making teachers of those who use us'. Does anyone know where I can find it? Like a pesky earworm, its driving me mad not being able to remember it properly!

Many thanks,
N

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:22:30 pm »
I'm terribly sorry if I've put this in the wrong thread but it is quote related....

Somewhere in the series a segment or chapter ends with a line about 'making teachers of those who use us'. Does anyone know where I can find it? Like a pesky earworm, its driving me mad not being able to remember it properly!

Many thanks,
N

You do this with all your custom?” he once asked without warning.
She wasn’t shocked. Others had asked as much. “It comforts me to know my men are more than cocks.”
A half-truth. But true to form, Achamian was sceptical. He frowned, saying, “It’s a pity.”
This had stung, even though she had no idea what he meant. “What’s a pity?”
“That you’re not a man,” he replied. “If you were a man, you wouldn’t need to make teachers of everyone who used you.”

Chapter 10, TDTCB
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Nichamian

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:18:16 am »
You're a hero! Many thanks