Different races power levels?

• 3 Replies

robizeratul

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: June 23, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »
So we can assume that humans are the same as in our world. How do the others relate?  It's something I find very hard to visualize. 

I don't know, could an average Ishroi kill a skinspy in single combat? Could he kill a Bashrag or an Inchoroi? 

When it comes to magic, things are clearer though, so that's good.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:24:36 pm »
My thoughts on this

Baseline Humans - Physically speaking I always thought of the Scylvendi or Galeoth as the biggest and toughest of these. We all know Cnaiur is the Most Violent of All Men.

Dunyain - Essentually Uber humans. I mean we know Cnaiur was a beast to all Men except Kellhus who is at a significant advantage.

Nonmen - We know Nonmen are stronger and bigger than humans, the ones left alive are also hardened from age and experience. Mekeritrig loses to Kellhus and resorts to Sorcery so I rank Dunyain tougher than the Nonmen. There are tales that Ciogli the mountain broke a Wracu's neck, although if this is a hero's tale you have to assume that it must have been an extraordinary feat and so rank Wracu's higher.

Sranc - Basically in a 1 vs 1 Sranc are probably the bottom of the list, smaller and weaker than humans.

Bashrag - These could be the underdog here and take it, I mean they are designed as tanks.

Skinspies - We've seen a lot of their martial expertise, higher than humans.

Wracu - We've not seen much Wracu but from what we have seen I think theyr'e probably top of the list.

Inchoroi - We've not seen much of their fighting but I think they might be fairly tough.

So with that in mind:

1. Wracu*
1. Dunyain*
3. Bashrag**
3. Nonman**
4. Inchoroi
5. Skin Spy
6. Human
7. Sranc

*I'm just not sure if the Wracu could ever hit the Dunyain.
**Again I just can't call it. I expect the top Ishroi would smash an average Bashrag but maybe a big Bashrag could kill a low tier Nonman.

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:16:36 pm »
Aren't Sranc based on Nonmen DNA? So I'd wager they are not weak, it's just that their mindless ferocity makes them susceptible to organized humans. I sure as hell wouldn't want to face one in an arena.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:53:00 pm »
I sure as hell wouldn't want to face one in an arena.

This comes up, albeit cursorily, in The Knife of Many Hands.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer