• 34 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Auriga, I grabbed all his social feed since he's started and I'll be updating it by month. Again, if Bakker released a collection of those in a nice little print form, I'd pay some monies ;)...

I'm glad I took a breathe and read this. lockesnow, your post might have inspired this but it's in no way a retort towards you.

I'm only going to exert so much influence - as it's curated it will be a long mix of whatever is submitted to this thread. I'd anticipated things like Curethan posted and I'm all for letting the consensual noosphere decide. This place is whatever the members engage it to be as much as I can facilitate that. Participate. It's already notorious for being different. It is that way because of the unique, mature, intelligent people that Bakker's thoughts have attracted.

If that stuff belongs more in an FAQ thread, then whenever an official looking one presents itself - I'm working on one but anyone is welcome to post - it will make it there. People, search threads, read threads, make threads, bump threads, explore the Zombie Three-Seas. Whatever interests you. The worst that is going to happen is that I'll learn something new from the anomalous gathering. Or exercise my god-like powers over the forum ;).

Perhaps, circumstances just conspire towards Bakker's obscurity.

Personally, I've read everything I could ever find that Bakker has written. Why? Because it's not about the fiction to me. At this point, that's awe-inspiring, gratis. There aren't so many great contemporary thinkers out there that I can't work to engage them all, somehow. I am all for helping people evolve but at this moment, I'm coming up towards break time.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »
Quote from: Meyna
I would also buy such a book, however I can't help but desire a fully fleshed-out Analytic of Man series, more so!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:47 pm »
+1. I use the Third Analytic as a folder title for a non-fiction book in progress :).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:52 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
*Bump*

I have expanded and updated my earlier post.
It is now a fair bit longer and in alphabetized format.

I must love you people.  ;)

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:58 pm »
They make us love... they make us love!