Akka's dreams

• 5 Replies

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« on: August 31, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »
I guess this will be answered in the books, or not at all. But... How significant is Kellhus' hypnotism of Akka in TTT regarding the subsequent deviations in the dreams? And all dreams in The Aspect Emperor generally? What happened when he spoke to Seswatha?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You are the fist that beats us.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 06:58:15 pm »
IIRC Akka is already having deviations at the beginning of the series and writes that he saw his own face in a mirror/water instead of Seswatha's.

I think Kellhus just hypnotized him and said some stuff to alter his subconscious, didn't actually speak with Seswatha. But I wouldn't want this answered here if not!

I believe others here have pointed out that the dreams featuring Nau Cayuti in the Ark begin after the hypnosis.

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:10:59 pm »
The first significant deviation is at the end of TTT, where Anaxophus misses with the Heron Spear. Prior to that, it's major stuff like seeing himself in the mirror - I don't count things of that nature.

And after that, well, all kinds of revelations, at exactly the times that suit Kellhus and whatever his plans are for Akka / Mimara.

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »
*minor stuff

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:13:17 pm »
Nau Cayuti dreams begin after the Qirri,  after Seswatha passes the baby into the mechanism in the coffers (sorry, my memory is vague on that detail, but it's in WLW). As far as I remember, Akka never dreams as Seswatha after that point.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:49:46 am »
Yea, Chapter 17 of TTT, but it never says he misses with it, only that Anaxophus doesnt take up the Heron Spear. And, Akka keeps saying, "This isnt how it happens, this isnt how it happens." Anaxophus even seems to be taken over by the No-God speaking when the No-God asks his questions, speaking the same questions. Its definitely a new dream.

@Yellow, you pay attention to my theory that they started changing slightly, even in the beginning, im flattered. I still believe they did, and Akka was always Seswatha's "Chosen One", so to say.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,