Möenghus The Younger. Consult or Humanity?

• 12 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:04:16 pm »
My personal theory from the Quorum: The Sclyvendi will side with The Consult to give us a PoV from inside The Consult. And maybe some of my new favourite characters, The Mutilated! The reason is that surly The Sclyvendi will not go against their God, to honour tradition at least. Moe however, will probably be much conflicted but I don't see much choice for him. Maybe he will betray the Consult later, but at the beginning, you can't save a whole army from the Horde 2.0 ( And after seeing Cnaiür shredded, I don't think the chieftains will keep their word.Though I think Cnaiür Ciphrang will do some shit. ) And besides, DON'T YOU WANT A CONSTANT POV THAT'S INSIDE THE CONSULT ??!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:18:05 pm »
They don't necessarily see Cnaiur get sandblasted. They just see him walking into the Whirlwind. Dollars to donuts most Scylvendi will assume the Most Violent Of All Men actually became/awakened the reborn Lokung.
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »
I want a Consult POV, but I'm not sure that this will be the case.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 07:46:08 pm »
Dollars to donuts most Scylvendi will assume the Most Violent Of All Men actually became/awakened the reborn Lokung.

+1

I want a Consult POV, but I'm not sure that this will be the case.

Maybe that's the twist ;).

TNG might strictly be Mutilated POVs fighting the *good* fight against all those pesky surviving Earwans.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:49:24 pm »
TNG might strictly be Mutilated POVs fighting the *good* fight against all those pesky surviving Earwans.

Mutilated FTW.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »
Great thread Redeagl! Can't believe I've missed this.

I think Lil Moe will ultimately take the side of humanity. He seen that the People were to be sacrificed to the Sranc. This is definitely a huge selling point to the People. One problem, he is not truly of the People and Cnaüir didn't to a whole lot to give him command or the right to lead. But, ultimately, I feel the people will feel betrayed and try and defeat TNG.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18:44 pm »
Moenghus Jr. became one of my favorite characters as TAE went on and especially with TUC when we get his POV (and especially since so many other characters are now dead).

I feel relatively certain Moe will be "for the Consult" given the somewhat heavy foreshadowing (as far as RSB goes) of the Shroud forming a halo around his head, but it could really go either way. I do think that if he's "for the Consult" it will be for his own reasons, and I also can't see Moe sticking with them if/when he learns they're being run by a bunch of Dunyain.

My ideal scenario I guess is Moe leading the Scylvendi against "the good guys" for most of TNG with a redemptive heel turn at the end. I actually think Moe Jr could in some way be a part of Moenghus Sr's posthumous planning/conditioning of events via Cnaiur -- possibly laying seeds early on to ensure (or at least make viable) a scenario where the Scylvendi don't align with the Consult this time around.

Ultimately I'm split because I really like Moe and want him not have a horribly depressing ending, but I also REALLY want battles with Men vs Men in TNG, cuz Sranc/Bashrag hordes kinda got old for me even before we got to TUC, and unless some surprise faction ends up working with the Consult (Zeum?) then I can't see too much human in-fighting being plausible on a large scale given that it's the damn apocalypse.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 05:50:15 pm »
I completely missed that part about the shroud forming a Halo aroung Moënghus' head. I've re-read certain chapters many times but I still need to re-read the book as a whole.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 09:19:29 pm »
I completely missed that part about the shroud forming a Halo aroung Moënghus' head. I've re-read certain chapters many times but I still need to re-read the book as a whole.

I believe it occurs during the Cnaiur/Proyas/Moe confrontation, but I'm not 100%.

And yeah, there's still so much stuff I'm finding with TUC, even in conjunction with the earlier books. For example I somehow had no idea that the bit with Cnaiur dreaming of the pool and the worm was not a brand new sequence, but goes all the way back to the first damn book. Crazy stuff lol.

Old Gnostic Fool

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 12:22:18 am »
I'd love to get a Consult POV again. They were surely missing throughout most of TAE. I do wonder how the Boy's story is going to tie in with the overarching plot.

natanaj

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 05:41:46 am »
Wait so is it certain Cnaiur will be a ciphrang? Maybe he will just die and that's it?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
Wait so is it certain Cnaiur will be a ciphrang? Maybe he will just die and that's it?
Not certain at all. We take a lot for granted and discuss with certainty and authority where there is truly little else my mystery to go on.

Welcome to the forum :) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:59 am »
The Judging Eye marks him as Ciphrang when Mimara sees Cnaiur with it. That's it.

(click to show/hide)