• 169 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »
On eating Sranc. Kellhus already knows what is going to happen, right? You know damn well he made a few Scalpers go on a Sranc diet. There is zero chance he pulled this out of nowhere, even if he didn't think they would have to. He won't though, he'll transport back to some city close and have dinner, wine and a few concubines.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2016, 12:51:34 pm »
On eating Sranc. Kellhus already knows what is going to happen, right? You know damn well he made a few Scalpers go on a Sranc diet. There is zero chance he pulled this out of nowhere, even if he didn't think they would have to. He won't though, he'll transport back to some city close and have dinner, wine and a few concubines.

One would think so...and yet, that odd part of the blurb:

But in light of dwindling supplies, the Aspect-Emperor’s decision to allow his men to consume the flesh of fallen Sranc could have consequences even He couldn’t have foreseen.

"Could have" consequences?  If there were no consequences, why even say anything?  I guess we'll soon see...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2016, 02:29:17 pm »
Ha ha. I think the blurb is something cooked up by the publisher to make us wonder. I have to assume Kellhus saw this eventuality and prepared for it.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
"Could have" may also imply that Kellhus either did, or did not, foresee these consequences that may or may not in fact exist.
I'm with Blackstone on this one.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2016, 11:39:19 am »
Those blurbs are written by add people, not the writer.  They exist to try and hook your attention.  Of course Kelhous arranged to have prisoners and volunteers eat Sranc and had the effects studied, but it is possible that those effects will interact with some secret of the Consult or conditions in the north that he didn't forsee.