• 435 Replies

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2017, 12:03:52 am »
Griffith not good enough for you? :p
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2017, 12:07:48 am »
You don't have a choice.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2017, 12:09:12 am »
Quote from:  Dora Vee

Nat at all. I know your love for Proyas and was trying to be nice is all.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2017, 12:33:31 am »
Oh, ok. :)
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2017, 11:58:39 pm »
"Only the wicked burn on this day!"

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 25, 2017, 08:12:56 pm »
Love it, FB! Can't for the life of me remember the name of that guy, but his little section was super cool imo. He faced a wracu on his own. Something both Kayutas and Saccarees were afraid to do. I had hoped he'd survive and put that sword to work in the next series :p. I like the way you did the golden walls, very cool contrast to Skuthula
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2017, 08:18:09 pm »
Yeah, it's simplistic but captures the aura of the Ark very well.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »
Yeah, it's simplistic but captures the aura of the Ark very well.
Agreed!
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2017, 06:42:13 pm »
Thank you guys very much! Wish I could say the simplicity was planned and I was shooting for a minimalistic style but...I wasn't lol, just kinda came out that way. Architecture (or rather environments in general) are not my strong suit -- much prefer creatures and such. The amount of time I spent on Skuthula is probably over twice that of what it took me to do the entire rest of the picture, so it's obvious where interests lay. That being said I was pleased with how the "atmosphere" turned out overall, particularly the sense of light coming in from the left into the dark on the right where Skuthula's lurking. You would think that was something I planned out but, lol...nope. After fucking with filters for long enough at some point it looked like that and I said "cool I'm done". 

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 27, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »
What I've learned from a lot of talented artists such as yourself is that a lot of great detail isn't necessarily on purpose. More, once a person really gets into a piece, it seems their brain tells them what it should look like without them even needing to think about it. I have some artist friends who claim they just stop thinking when they're drawing, and instead let their brain take over. Not sure if that's how it feels for you, every one is different, but I've always thought it a cool idea. I wish my artless brain could do that!

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2018, 09:05:39 pm »
What I've learned from a lot of talented artists such as yourself is that a lot of great detail isn't necessarily on purpose. More, once a person really gets into a piece, it seems their brain tells them what it should look like without them even needing to think about it. I have some artist friends who claim they just stop thinking when they're drawing, and instead let their brain take over. Not sure if that's how it feels for you, every one is different, but I've always thought it a cool idea. I wish my artless brain could do that!

The part about the brain taking over definitely holds true for myself, unless I'm doing something really challenging that's totally out of my wheelhouse. It's also the polar opposite of my "real" hobby of writing, wherein I can't have any distractions or even listen to music or anything. Drawing is way more relaxing in that regard for me personally (which is partially because I don't really do it professionally, so I have no deadlines or anything to worry about -- thus it can take me months to finish a piece). In that spirit, I finally finished up the second half of this piece, which I have been working on since at least last spring:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:12:56 pm by Athorn "FB" Gallizur »

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2018, 10:29:35 pm »
Nicely done!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2018, 03:51:20 pm »
I like that one a lot, well done.
You're definitely getting better. I remember watching Somna do his 'one a day' a few years back, and he got markedly better by the time the year ended. Practice makes perfect ;)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2018, 09:05:13 pm »
Much thanks! It's funny, from the beginning I had planned to do this as a Mimara/Kellhus contrast piece (night and day, dark and light, male and female, sun and moon), but after TUC it actually become more pregnant with symbolism given the insinuation of Mimara as a "true" Prophet and Kellhus as a false one.

I also had trouble coming up with a garment for Kellhus that looked good until after reading TUC and basing it (roughly) of the black and white robe he's described as wearing before the assault on Golgotterath.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2018, 08:58:36 am »
Those are awesome FB. It's kinda scary, I don't know how you did it, but your kell and mim look really familiar. Like people I've seen but can't place a finger on. Did you base them off anyone? Every time I look at it I swear they look so familiar. Maybe you just nailed my inner vision of those characters. Well done!