• 98 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2017, 12:04:02 am »
I really like the format. I think the chinks will work themselves out, as I have faith in the BanHammer! I would like for Wilshire/Madness to try an different color scheme though and see what kind of reactions other feel about it. I do think a darker background would be more appealing, but that's just nitpicking. I think this is great, and to me, it seems mobile-friendly enough...once the kinks are worked out.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:47 am »
I really like the new styling. I agree with MSJ a slightly darker background would be better - I think it would make the whole site easier on the eyes in terms of strain.

Nice job :)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2017, 11:16:58 am »
Thanks MSJ. I appreciate the confidence.

Yeah once someone has time to take a look at the code and figure out which variable to change, we should be able to make the overall background less abbrasive. Though, know that it will never be a dark background with light text :) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2017, 12:33:19 pm »
Alright, changed a few things. Home page should look less snow-blind-white. Still hunting for other options to change so those colors are carried throughout. - Found it. Things are now vaguely grey. Let me know how it looks to you all, please.

Problem is, you can't see the changes until you clear your browser of cached data from this site. Check it out in a chrome Incognito browser, or firefox Private browser, to see the changes if you'd prefer not clear your data yet - further changes to come.

Unfortunately, I don't know a work around or a specific way to target cached data for just TSA, someone else might have to chime in for those directions.
Found some options, see below:

Chrome:
Open Developer tools (Press F12)
In your regular browser (not within the developer tools that you just opened) Press and HOLD the normal refresh button. A dropdown menu should appear
Select: "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" (probably the last option)

Firefox:
In regular Firefox, you can go to Options->Privacy->History where there the last sentence says: "You may want to clear your recent history, or remove individual cookies."  Hit that last part and scroll down until you find the cookies from Second-Apocalypse.com and remove them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:20:54 pm by Wilshire »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't know a work around or a specific way to target cached data for just TSA, someone else might have to chime in for those directions.

In regular Firefox, you can go to Options->Privacy->History where there the last sentence says: "You may want to clear your recent history, or remove individual cookies."  Hit that last part and scroll down until you find the cookies from Second-Apocalypse.com and remove them.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2017, 01:09:23 pm »

Chrome:
Open Developer tools (Press F12)
In your regular browser (not within the developer tools that you just opened) Press and HOLD the normal refresh button. A dropdown menu should appear
Select: "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" (probably the last option)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:25 pm »
Though, know that it will never be a dark background with light text :) .

Indeed. It bothers me to no end and can result in tracers and headaches. Like I love Fantasy Faction but I can't read more than a handful of their articles at a time without feeling like my eyes are going to bleed.

Otherwise, thanks for all your work, Wilshire. Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:47:51 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2017, 11:07:57 am »
The way it is now is light-years better than that maddening white to just slightly off-white juxtaposition.

Thanks W.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2017, 11:46:13 am »
The way it is now is light-years better than that maddening white to just slightly off-white juxtaposition.

Thanks W.
Huzzah. Thanks for letting me know. I'm not much of a color scheme guy, so I'll take suggestions if someone thinks different colors make sense, and now that I found what code to change it should be easier this time around.

I know some stuff is still super bright and I'm still looking to fix it so its more uniform. Slow going for someone who doesn't know anything about html/bbcode/etc. I don't even know what I'm looking for most of the time lol.

Like looking for a slightly bent needle in a pile of needles.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2017, 01:07:13 pm »
I know some stuff is still super bright and I'm still looking to fix it so its more uniform. Slow going for someone who doesn't know anything about html/bbcode/etc. I don't even know what I'm looking for most of the time lol.

Hey, brute force is a valid tactic.  Frankly, most things I do are the roundabout way.

When I get a few spare minutes with Photoshop, I'll try to make a new icon to replace the silly SMFTricks thing at the top for us.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2017, 01:25:11 pm »

Hey, brute force is a valid tactic.  Frankly, most things I do are the roundabout way.

When I get a few spare minutes with Photoshop, I'll try to make a new icon to replace the silly SMFTricks thing at the top for us.

Already accomplished, just need to figure out how to get it in there ;).
Though, in your opinion, would Gold or Red be better (have both, just says Second Apocalypse but looks like the TDTCB original font title)?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2017, 01:44:49 pm »
Already accomplished, just need to figure out how to get it in there ;).
Though, in your opinion, would Gold or Red be better (have both, just says Second Apocalypse but looks like the TDTCB original font title)?

I personally think Gold (as long as it is a darker gold) would be better.

The path for the image shows it as Themes/YorkyTheme/images/theme/logo.png so I think you should be able to follow that to it and then replace it.  Not sure if it has to be a png, although it would if it has the transparency.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2017, 03:03:37 pm »
.png doesn't seem to work with this theme - another question I have for the creators - as, as far as I can tell, this is why we've lost the Chorae icon...

Smdh.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:24:29 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2017, 03:43:51 pm »
.png doesn't seem to work with this theme - another question I have for the creators - as, as far as I can tell, this is why we've lost the Chorae icon...

Smdh.

That's odd, because the logo that is there is a png.  If I remember correctly, there are multiple "formats" to a png, so it may be picky...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2017, 05:13:51 pm »
png as logo (new) seems to work fine.