Ghost in the cell

• 17 Replies

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
I am intrigued, and since I can not read your mind, I will wait to hear your dozen things more worthy than trying our best to improve the standard of living for humans(and other animals we fuck with of course).
The "Deciding Research" thread here is a good place to start - space exploration, neuroscience, bio-technology, even research into physical immortality. All of those are more worthy goals.

Never mind that "solving all inequalities" is no more possible than bending the laws of gravity.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 09:30:34 pm »
The "Deciding Research" thread here is a good place to start - space exploration, neuroscience, bio-technology, even research into physical immortality. All of those are more worthy goals.

I agree that these areas are important, and just imagine how much money we could spend on those areas if we stopped meaningless
warfare for instance.

I also think that trying our best to give our fellow man a chance to live a decent life, is more worthy than those mentioned.
Physical immortality sounds like hell to me by the way. I can not believe anyone wants that.

Never mind that "solving all inequalities" is no more possible than bending the laws of gravity.

How can you know that?  Are you saying the human race are less equal now, than say 300 years ago? No positive progress?

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 12:07:55 am »
I am intrigued, and since I can not read your mind, I will wait to hear your dozen things more worthy than trying our best to improve the standard of living for humans(and other animals we fuck with of course).
How are they more worthy? Because they do....what, in particular?

Sounds very cart (research the carts, man!) before the horse.

Or given your dim view of dealing with inequality, is it a 'Well, we can't do much else - may as well reasearch some shit!" approach?