Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:03 pm »
I, for one, am not going to burn my money - however, using it is tantamount to supporting the status quo of the system, neh? Our participation makes our rebellious thoughts or intentions irrelevant.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 12:34:32 am »
I'm working toward developing a sub currency. I just need resource generators/food generators/a highly productive garden to back up the currency. I's gots crazy plans!

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »
I, for one, am not going to burn my money - however, using it is tantamount to supporting the status quo of the system, neh?

Yes, but I do not think that money in itself as a means of exchange is necessarily bound with evil intentions.

It is is more a structural issue.

http://www.utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact/

This short video is not shocking to anyone who pays attention, but it demonstrates some structural problems regarding kapitalism

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 01:52:15 pm »
Yes, but I do not think that money in itself as a means of exchange is necessarily bound with evil intentions.

http://www.utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact/

This short video is not shocking to anyone who pays attention, but it demonstrates some structural problems regarding kapitalism

Definitely seen it before, good stuff though. That argument could also probably be extended more horrifically to global graph of wealth distribution. And I hope I didn't suggest any "good or bad" connotations, because it's a exercise in consensual subjective value, which has less to do with our actual purchasing power. Here's another for you, if you have half an hour to spend ;): The Collapse of the American Dream Explained in Animation.

It gets difficult to parse very quickly, Royce.

For instance, at this point, we might as well be using monopoly money. We've been coaxed from a gold-back system, to projecting our evaluation of our own time and energy onto different pieces of paper, and we're seeing the remnants of projecting value onto paper give way to valuing a digital representation of our time and energy.

It's why those time as money narratives, the most recent extreme incarnation being that mediocre movie In Time with JT, are such a jarring representation of our global monetary culture.

If we all took our time more seriously, I don't think the structural issues, you suggest, would ever manifest. And certainly not like they do now...

But it's up to enough of us to change to affect change.

I'm working toward developing a sub currency. I just need resource generators/food generators/a highly productive garden to back up the currency. I's gots crazy plans!

Look forward to reading them.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 01:49:29 am »
I, for one, am not going to burn my money - however, using it is tantamount to supporting the status quo of the system, neh?

I do enjoy this video quite a bit. I'd like to point out a few things that I think are interesting:
9/10 people voted to give themselves more money from "reality" to "ideal" (beginning). Everyone, except the top 20, deserve to have more money, so says 90% of the 5000 people.
I doubt, of the 5000, that many (if any) where in that top 20% bracket :P.

Anyway though, the actual distribution is still surprising to me.
Like Madness said though, imagine if you did this with total world wealth. I wonder how each country's 1% stacks up. Or how each countries bottom 10% compare, etc etc.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:29 am »
Like Madness said though, imagine if you did this with total world wealth. I wonder how each country's 1% stacks up. Or how each countries bottom 10% compare, etc etc.

That would be a serious crime against the western empire:) The people should definitely NOT see that horrible graph.

Great vid Madness, seriously fucked up. Made me think of why David Icke insisted on the rather embarrassing "fact" that the world leaders, bankers etc
were shapeshifting lizards. He could not accept that humans could commit such crimes against other humans.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »
Lol - I love my brain sometimes. I was typing a post about how I've been studying so much I can't remember a citation for a wicked paraphrase I remembered reading yesterday and bam! Brain does it again ;).

A Mysterious Law that Predicts the Size of the World's Biggest Cities

In this article, it's mentioned that wealth scales like we're discussing often occur systematically: the richest person has twice as much money as the second richest, the second twice as much as the third, etc...

Scary stuff :(. Especially, as these people aren't acting like balanced Dr. Manhattans.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer