• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:18 pm »
Prediction: Proyas will meet Cnaiür somewhere in/around Dagliash

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2016, 12:38:08 pm »
Prediction: we will NOT discover the identity of the Traveller in TJE's prologue

selwynmauberley

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2016, 12:39:00 pm »
The Dunyain are said to invalidate customs and traditions, yet they keep names and genealogy. But why do the Dunyain need names? Is this tradition so necessary? Maybe, Akka will find a sound explanation.

CFKane

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »
Prediction: The Mandate's experience of Seswatha's life will continue to revealed as a highly edited version, leaving out significant betrayals of the mission.

Prediction: Achamian and Mimara will meet up with Kellhus. Mimara will betray Achamian for Kellhus, echoing Esmenet.

Prediction: The Great Ordeal/Kellhus will discover that the Cisharum are necessary to defeat the consult, but are sadly unavailable due to the events of the first trilogy.

Question: What is the endgame for the Yatwer/WLW set? It is a given that they are blind to the no-god, but what about the rest of the consult and its machinations? Are they aware of the plan to close the outside?

Question: Does the blindness of the gods to the no-god hint at a higher level of causality that may not be perceptible? By which I mean, does what comes before actually determine what comes after, and is the timeless perspective of the gods an illusion?

Tivadar

• Nascenti
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2016, 01:25:22 pm »
Will Golgotterath be overrun with belligerent feminist bloggers?

Will the Synthese and the Wathi Doll go on an adorable road trip in their own cartoon spinoff?

Will Moenghus' seeing-eye snakes release a scandalous tell-all memoir?

rnblut

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2016, 01:37:10 pm »
Kellhus will offer the consult salvation.

PTLove

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »
So I'm doing a complete re-read in preparation for TGO, catching up on the Slog group re-read on this board as I go. I'm about halfway through TTT, and something keeps bugging me (and I don't think it's been addressed in the books).

Question: WTF is the deal with Kellhus's halos? Mass delusion? Actual encroachment of the Outside created by the force of others' belief in the Warrior-Prophet? Or just a cheap parlor trick typically used to entertain Dunyain children at birthday parties?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »
So I'm doing a complete re-read in preparation for TGO, catching up on the Slog group re-read on this board as I go. I'm about halfway through TTT, and something keeps bugging me (and I don't think it's been addressed in the books).

Question: WTF is the deal with Kellhus's halos? Mass delusion? Actual encroachment of the Outside created by the force of others' belief in the Warrior-Prophet? Or just a cheap parlor trick typically used to entertain Dunyain children at birthday parties?

I'm sure you've got some interesting thoughts regarding your re-read. You should post them in the slog! No need to read though the other posts if you don't want.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Haba

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »
Question: What does Sranc taste like?

Tanhafut

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

Hello all!  Yet another long-time lurker here.  These are extremely exciting days for sure. :)

Prediction: Meppa is Seökti.

Prediction: Sorweel will end up sleeping with Moenghus.

Prediction: Disaster will befall Zeüm.

Prediction: Koringhus will spectacularly face down one or more of his half-siblings.  Possibly Kayutas.

Prediction: Fane was right all along.

Question: Are there any human sorcerers left in the Consult?  Other than undead Shaeonanra, that is.

Question: What's up with the Vokalati?  What are their strengths, their ideology?

Question: Have the Inchoroi 'weapons of light' -- besides, presumably, the Heron Spear -- survived?

Question: What has been going on in Eanna?

Question: Is the second voice in Kelmomas's head an actual, perversive entity or pure insanity?

rutiger

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2016, 03:18:31 pm »
I hope to find out the true nature of the Heron Spear.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »
Thanks for the clarity, Madness.

No problem, EH. I hope you don't mind, I abbreviate for brevity. Acronyms abound at SA.

Hopefully, we'll have a WLW Reread/Excerpt Cast and a WLW Reread Cast up soon - to round out the Slog series :). And yes, I second Wilshire, add your thoughts to the Almanacs and anywhere else on our shared monument!

Welcome back, Tivadar and rnblut and welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Mandos, selwynmauberley, Tanhafut, Haba, and PTLove 8).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redbird

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2016, 04:02:32 pm »
Drusas Achamian will realize he just needs to be single for a while and "do him".

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »
Lol - welcome, Redbird.

Also, I can't believe how funny so many of the newcomers are. Some stellar wits out there :).

I'm doing a tally now and some of you haven't gotten ten predictions/questions out there across your posts - as I said, no reason for anyone participating not to have their name entered ten times :)!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »
Drusas Achamian will realize he just needs to be single for a while and "do him".

LMAO, I like this! :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,