• 3 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:27 pm »
Quote from: KRST IS
Is this all that is really revealed? http://princeofnothing.wikia.com/wiki/Nonmen

The only reason they are called "Nonmen" is because this is what the race of Men named them. The "others."

It seems as if the coming of the Hu-Men simultaneously wrought a real Womb Dis-ease or Womb Plague in the beginning migrations and incursions into Earwa. Some sort of separateness, from other, novel creatures of Nature AND Nature Herself.

It's interesting that in our own world, we have parallels. This Earth is many times called The Womb, and there are many mythologies depicting Her as such.

It's also interesting that the Nonmen, the Cunoroi, call themselves the "People of the Dawn." We also have paralells with many ancient shamanic tribal peoples, for example the Abenaki people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abenaki_people

The coming of the Men in Earwa seem to mirror the white Europeans who came and co-opted these "other" people, who have apparent lineages that stretch back to a time forgotten.

It's interesting though, that these Men of Earwa, came from a land and an unclear place of origin, with some kind of teaching, oral or written from the very beginning, from some kind of strange creatures, the Inchoroi, whom we also know little about.

That's interesting, because in the real world, we have found an ancient Gnostic Royal Library, mostly in ruins, in Nag Hammadi, Egypt. Not unlike that of Sauglish. There are some interesting writings, especially those which deal with some alien beings, Archons, literal or metaphorical, that descended from the astral plane, with their leader Yaldabaoth (another name for the Christian "God" Yahweh or Jehovah). This Demiurge has deceived the nations by holy Writ and otherwise (Bible).

The Gnostics speak out and expose this entity and posit the way of beings before this incarnation descended.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html

http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique/archonfiles/AlienDreaming.php

I like Bakkerverse, as it really reflects the reality in our own world. Enjoy!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:35 pm »
Quote from: Francis Buck
Awesome post, very interesting stuff. I do hope we discover more about the origins of the Nonmen, and how that relates (or doesn't relate) to the origin of humans in Earwa. I know that some people have suggested that humans are actually a lesser or "devolved" form of Nonmen, though how credible that is within our sphere knowledge regarding them, I cannot say (I'm in the midst of my first re-read right now -- literally started yesterday -- because I remember so few details, but I'm definitely going to keep in mind some of the things you mentioned here).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:42 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Sometimes I think the gods of Earwa have some sort of connection to mankind and as such, think of mankind somewhat like mankind does - a self flattering portrait of wonderfulness and hardcoreness.

The gods imagined this so much, and so much thought it already walked the earth, that...poof...their imaginings actually sprung to existance!

Nonmen are how the Earwan gods and ourselves imagine ourselves to be. Flattery made manifest.

And that is what makes them nonmen.

And a fantastic drug when burnt to cinders!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:48 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
Quote from: Callan S.

Nonmen are how the Earwan gods and ourselves imagine ourselves to be. Flattery made manifest.
superego

Nonman sranc and man
the first forgets
the last regrets
and the sranc have all the fun.