[TGO SPOILERS] Kiünnat and Zero

• 64 Replies

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2016, 09:01:06 pm »
One thing I might add. About the 100 rocks, didn't the boy use the 100th rock to hit Serwe the Skin-Spy and send her off a cliff? Thats how I read it anyway.

I never thought of that.  Seems so obvious now you pointed it out.  The Survivor gives the boy his last stone, who uses it to finally escape the skin-spy.  So, Koringhus saw that coming? (!)  Makes me think of the whole benjuka game that Akka had with Xinemus, how he had to substitute a stone for a missing piece, and he thought it impoverished his play somehow.  Yet in this case, Koringhus saw the whole benjuka plate, and provided a lowly stone to his son to turn the tables on the Serwe skin-spy (at least to allow him to escape).  Pretty fkn cool.
I definitely agree that the boy threw the 100th rock. I don't think Koringhus saw it coming though. I read it as an almost sentimental passing of the stone, which seems very un-dunyain, however Koringhus does many un-dunyain things, especially in concern to the boy.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 07:16:32 pm »
"How does one learn innocence?  How does one teach ignorance? [...] They are the Absolute."
-ANONYMOUS, THE IMPROMPTA

I seen this while browsing another thread. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this could foretell of the Absolute? Is innocence and ignorance the means to reaching the Absolute? I don't think so, because Kellhus strives to dominate circumstance, which would make ignorance irrelevant. Innocence? Yea, scratch that one too. No, I think this is just more of Kellhus's indoctrination from the First Holy War.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 07:53:48 pm »
Crackpot theory time

It seems pretty clear that the Zero point or Zero God's reference to the No God is not coincidental.

So, say it's just played straight.  The Zero, the all reference point, is The God.  It is everything, unified.  The thing that fragmented, the entirety of existence.  The No-God is God-As-One.  The Sranc, with their brains that run entirely on instinct and have no cognition...they are its slaves because instinct is just the orders you get from the world.  The strings that pull on your cognition that you can't see, the play of the world on your brain, these come from the Darkness that comes before.  This Darkness is the Absolute is the No-God.

The Dunyain seek to be a self moving soul, but as Koringhus finds out, there is only room for one of those (All Absolutes are the same, no matter where you place the reference point it is still the origin.  Put the grid behind anyone's eyes you like, and it'll still be the center), and when he is measured against the all-knowing all-damning condemnation of the Judging Eye he falls far short.

The Judging Eye is the view from zero, the gaze of innocence, judging absolutely and without excuse.

The No-God cannot understand what it is, because the only thing that the origin point cannot see is itself.  The Darkness comes before everything, it has strings leading to every mind...except its own.  As far as it can tell, it doesn't exist.  It has no instincts leading to itself.  If cannot see itself with its Eye.  It sees a ruined world, but it's bloody hands are forever obscured from it.

So the Gods, Yatwer, Gilgaol, etc, are exactly as we've heard them described.  Big fragments of it.  All of the Birth-concepts stuck together.  They can't see it, because they are a portion of it.  Same reason that it can't see itself.  They see what comes after, but the No-God has already come before them.  They see calamity and blame what they can see, random people.

The souls which most resemble the No-God are those of infants.  Entirely innocent, possessing no volition.  That's why the Judging eye is housed in one.  That's why the No-God's manifestation stops people from being born.   When you incarnate it, all of the 'child-ness' goes to one place, instead of flowing to everyone's womb in time, all those souls go to the Whirlwind.

Perhaps the reason that the Inchoroi believe that they can end damnation is that the No-God is everything, and so by changing the world you can change it.  Kill enough people, and it loses its ability to blame and curse, to judge and damn.  They have harnessed the very measurement that damns them and forced it to war against its own ability to do so.

Nil Sertrax

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2016, 08:28:48 pm »
Lot of good speculation in there!  I like where you're going with this.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
this thread is amazing.