• 23 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 02:04:43 pm »
'Not local' is too vague. It, to me, reads that beliefs somewhere affect not just local damnation/metaphysical-law but, potentially, the whole universe. As I said, in agreement with H, this does not preclude beliefs changing reality.

To your point, yes, if zeum wins a new war, they become right.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:24:07 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »
What does a win mean in this context, how do you "win"?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 04:45:20 pm »
What does a win mean in this context, how do you "win"?

Last ones standing?

I don't know, I've never quite figured how Zuem really fits into it all...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »
Winning, in the way that the Inrithi won against the Fanim. In the way that Kellhus won against the thousand temples.

"Winning" - dominating circumstance such that you and others around you believe that you are the victor.

It has everything to do with belief really. The winner is whoever everyone thinks is the winner. Think about it like this: If you thought god was on your side, and then you lost and saw your people decimated, then perhaps you cease to believe that god selected you as the chosen ones.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »
Following on from that if the No-God comes back, pretty much everyone left will suddenly believe he is the saviour, instant conversion.

Also a bit like how Cnaiur describes battle, convince your foe he has lost.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:38 pm »
Remeber the secret of battle: conviction makes true .

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 01:41:09 am »
So is it just left to our imagination to figure out how Achamian kills the Ciphrang and what happens with Esmenet.

I honestly feel bad for Conphas, despite what a prick he is. Tactically, he only made sound decisions, and he happened to foiled by Achamian, accidentally.

Left hanging: i dislike that we never hear esmi's thoughts on sarcellus being a skin spy.
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 11:28:24 am »
So is it just left to our imagination to figure out how Achamian kills the Ciphrang and what happens with Esmenet.

Well, IIRC, as the Ciphrang carries him away, it is steady bleeding (fire).  This always meant to me that it was dying and it's last attempt to kill Akka (because it cannot breach the skin-wards) is to fly high and drop him (I actually think it meant to drop him in the water and hope he drown).
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »
I honestly feel bad for Conphas, despite what a prick he is. Tactically, he only made sound decisions, and he happened to foiled by Achamian, accidentally.

Aside, he still would have been beset from behind by Saubon's forces shortly thereafter. Achamian just hastened Conphas' end (and really, maybe even just weakened the Nansur contingent that would have fought for the Tusk again after Conphas died - as given the trajectory of forces, Saubon would have hit Conphas first at his command post overseeing the field while his forces were deploying against the Holy War).

Also aside, I really enjoy that Achamian gets so caught up in Cnaiur's truth about Kellhus that he only remembers that Cnaiur asked him to warn Proyas about Conphas when Conphas arrives (neither Cnaiur nor Achamian knowing that Kellhus was expecting Saubon's guilt-ridden arrival).

Left hanging: i dislike that we never hear esmi's thoughts on sarcellus being a skin spy.

Damn... no shit.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer