Steven Erikson (The 3.5 million word journey?)

• 198 Replies

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »
Rejoice is on my shortlist. Hoping for it to be one of my last books this year.

A new Steven Erikson novel is out in hardcover. "Rejoice, A Knife In The Heart", a first-contact story. Looks interesting.
I went to a signing here London, UK when it came out a few weeks back.
Then quickly read it. I liked it a lot. It's not Malazan, it's not willfull child, but its own thing.
It's sci-fi set in today's world, not decades down the line, and that made me care more, I think.
The contemporary criticism is not subtle, but that doesn't make it less relevant.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jealous. I purchased one signed from Goldsboro - not the same as getting it signed though. Will probably sell it later.
Its the first signed book I have
One guy brought a whole duffel bag of all his Malazan books hah

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »

A new Steven Erikson novel is out in hardcover. "Rejoice, A Knife In The Heart", a first-contact story. Looks interesting.
Then quickly read it. I liked it a lot. It's not Malazan, it's not willfull child, but its own thing.
It's sci-fi set in today's world, not decades down the line, and that made me care more, I think.
The contemporary criticism is not subtle, but that doesn't make it less relevant.

Jealous. I purchased one signed from Goldsboro - not the same as getting it signed though. Will probably sell it later.

Well congrats!
The first time I saw Bakker, I brought TJE and WLW. The last time I brought like 2 copies of every TSA book. An uncorrected proof and a 1st/1st. You gotta take advantage of these things :D.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2018, 03:14:46 pm »

Well congrats!
The first time I saw Bakker, I brought TJE and WLW. The last time I brought like 2 copies of every TSA book. An uncorrected proof and a 1st/1st. You gotta take advantage of these things :D.
Yes, and now I know, I only brought Crippled God this time.
To be fair, if it was Bakker I'd have brought more :) these are the only two authors I'd go to these things for (since Banks is dead anyway..)

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:14 pm »

Well congrats!
Also, jealous of that..