Your suffering, Seswatha, is my salvation

• 3 Replies

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:09:01 pm »
When Cet'ingira / Mekeritrig says this to Seswatha, what does he mean?

This line suggests one possibility to me, that the consult might be taking on an agricultural role for the gods: nurturing anguish, degradation and suffering--such as Mekeritrig's wall of horror at Dagliash--in order to better slake the endless hungers of the Starving Sky and divert hungry attentions away from themselves. 

Is Mekeritrig laboring for salvation in such a manner, if not, how does he believe his labors are directed in the cause of his own salvation?

Quintus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:03:59 pm »
You made me find this passage and reread it to make sure I didn't miss anything.
But no, I still understand it as I have, much more simply than you suggest. Mekeritrig is an Erratic, and making Seswatha suffers saves him as it makes him remember. It's even in the same passage where he links memory and salvation into a single concept.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:19:10 pm »
There could also be the following chain that Seswatha's suffering leads to divulging the location of the Heron Spear, locating the Heron Spear means that the No-God can't be defeated and that means that Mek is not going to be damned.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Quintus :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer