• 163 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 02:14:42 am »
Convinced Seswatha in Akka that he was a stronger host, the strongest in fact. After years of internal strife, one man now controls the body, but which is it?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 02:37:10 pm »
- The Mimaran prophecy specifically states that a pregnant woman with the gift of the few will follow a demon-possessed man into the wastes.  That man is ... Achamian!  The pov that the reader is exposed to really is Achamian's pov, but he is entirely unaware that all of his thoughts and actions are controlled by a ciphrang hiding behind the wizard's soul.  This demon is bent on sewing discord in the world.  Zioz never left Earwa!

Wait, where was this Mimara prophecy detailed? I don't recall it...

Regardless, to put a twist on your theory: Achamian is the possesed person, but it's not a Ciphrang that's possessing him. It's Seswatha.

FB, i'm intrigued--do you think that there is any difference between being a grasper and being possessed?

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 09:36:44 pm »
This just struck me the other day.  Who is going to take the institutional position of the Shriah, or does the position even need to be filled?   Is Esmi going to basically appoint whomever she wants? Or is the Shriah just moot at this point.

My money is on the WLW becoming the new Shriah.  Because. Speculation.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:08 pm »
I've never thought about that ... Maybe she will consolidate her power by assuming 'temporary' leadership? I mean, she's banging the savior and has a bunch of his kids. How better to be the spiritual leader?

WLW becoming Shriah is delicious though.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »
There's Proyas line in WLW about old vices become new virtues; "Women now had equal standing as men, sorcerers were now priests."  Maybe Esmi could be a female Shriah.  Why not?

Or, Psatma and the Yatwerians get a pro-cultic Shriah elected.  Just another thing to fuck over the New Empire that Esmi has to deal with.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 09:59:28 pm »
Kelmomas takes his place.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:19 am »
This just struck me the other day.  Who is going to take the institutional position of the Shriah, or does the position even need to be filled?   Is Esmi going to basically appoint whomever she wants? Or is the Shriah just moot at this point.

My money is on the WLW becoming the new Shriah.  Because. Speculation.

weell that's awesome!

LOL @ Akkeagni!

it's too bad Inrilatas isn't around, what a shriah he would make!  while i'm in this area of speculation--Esmi installs the new shriah: Theliopia!

with the No-God vanquished, her father disappeared, the Great Ordeal consumed in the wilderness, Theli uses her new power to seize control of the entire 3 seas instituting a reign of terror!

Garet Jax

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »
...Theli uses her new power to seize control of the entire 3 seas instituting a reign of terror!

I would agree that an endless stuttering loop of NPR could be classified as a reign of terror.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 08:55:15 pm »
...Theli uses her new power to seize control of the entire 3 seas instituting a reign of terror!

I would agree that an endless stuttering loop of NPR could be classified as a reign of terror.

lol, i can't remember it, but i think this is a specific show on the air...

1. The very first inchoroi who were captured by the nonmen were not in fact put to death.  They were Aurang and Aurax and they were imprisoned for years upon years in Ishterebinth.  This is why they were not killed when the nonmen cleased the Ark.  Mekeritrig let them go later.

2. When Aurax finally did fuse a head into his mouth, he used the head of Cujara Cinmoi.  We will see Cujara's head in TUC!

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 07:19:41 am »

1. Kelmomas, obviously. :D

2. Yes

3. she thinks she is doing what she wants

4. Not at all moot, The Shriah maintains the conglomerate fate.  Kelmomas as Shriah, or a freudian lack of Shriah will probably be crucial to the dis-integration of the cults from the Inrithi religion that has unified them.  This shattering will be culturally traumatic, and conflict that insues will provide the wedges and levers needed for the cults to be suppressed their gods discredited and the Inrithi faith to be ecumenically displaced by the Kianene faith via a council of Nicea event.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:26:02 am by locke »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 05:02:31 pm »
Wow, very nice locke.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »

1. Kelmomas, obviously. :D

2. Yes

3. she thinks she is doing what she wants

4. Not at all moot, The Shriah maintains the conglomerate fate.  Kelmomas as Shriah, or a freudian lack of Shriah will probably be crucial to the dis-integration of the cults from the Inrithi religion that has unified them.  This shattering will be culturally traumatic, and conflict that insues will provide the wedges and levers needed for the cults to be suppressed their gods discredited and the Inrithi faith to be ecumenically displaced by the Kianene faith via a council of Nicea event.

wow!  very nice!  but won't it really be ... SAMI THE SHRIAH???

coobek

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »
I was thinking about logistics and economics of the AE and the March towards Golgoterath.

What if the current crusade is just to fertilize ground and, secretly, Kelhus has been planting trees, wheat and what not on the road with all dead fertilizer.

To reap the riches in a next true crusade in 10-15 years time...to have all the food ready for bigger, healthier and thus more powerfull host.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 04:08:00 pm »
Haha that would be a pretty big gambit. He would have to defend a huge swath of land for that time to prevent the Consult from destroying everything, and I doubt the Three Seas has that many bodies left at home.

coobek

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 04:17:08 pm »
Well I was not thinking of defending - it will just - well - grow.