[TUC Spoilers] Mechanics of Damnation

• 2 Replies

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
  • "We are all of us brothers. Read these."
    • View Profile
« on: August 01, 2017, 03:38:53 am »
So who are the Nonmen damned "by"? If damnation is going to the God you most embodied in earthly life, why is it the Nonmen are damned by Ajokli, since the Inverse Fire is his House?

Why is it no one whose stared into the Inverse Fire has ever seen paradise? Are just the nonmen indiscriminately damned? Why would the punishment for sinning be being tortured for eternity by beings millions of times more horrific than anything capable in the temporal realm?

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:44:08 am »
I think damnation hinges on experiential intentionality. The things that feed on suffering as an experience figuratively tear it from the soul. If a soul makes it to Oblivion I imagine that their sinful experiences are forgotten (i.e. no longer bound to the soul) but remain as carrion for such Ciphrang.

I doubt we'll ever get a straight answer on the details of this aspect of souls and the outside, but it seems pretty consistently thought out.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
I marked a quote yesterday for this thread... though, read with suspicion as it's Kellhus to Esmenet:

Quote from: HC TUC, p23
"Knowledge is responsibility, and ignorance ... truly is innocence." ... "The weight of sin is found in premeditation, Esmi, in the wilful use of others as tools."
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer