The Dûnyain

• 142 Replies

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »
When the stakes are eternal damnation for anyone who will ever live - I fail to see how "morality" at the micro scale has any real relevance.

As some know I think Kellhus is attempting to free Men from their damnation - part of this involves him attaining the Absolute. Kellhus becoming the Absolute is a secondary goal for him now (IMO) and has been since he broke on the circumfux.

What matters suffering on Earwa when compared to eternal damnation? I would love a Kellhus view of him looking into the IF (if he has not already done the equivalent).

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »
Interesting, though I still think at least initially that the word came from Dúnedain.

I now agree with this opinion, I had forgotten about the Dunedain until just last night.  And now I log in on a whim and find this post! A great correspondence of cause!
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 12:39:17 am »
As some know I think Kellhus is attempting to free Men from their damnation - part of this involves him attaining the Absolute. Kellhus becoming the Absolute is a secondary goal for him now (IMO) and has been since he broke on the circumfux.
Seems like the shortest path to that would be siding with the Consult and aiding in the rebirth and triumph of the No-God.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:17 am »
Seems like the shortest path to that would be siding with the Consult and aiding in the rebirth and triumph of the No-God.

Yeah at first glance that would appear to be the case but I think Kellhus has more information at this point than the reader. We don't really know what the NG does with the souls it hoovers up - it may just offer oblivion. In which case Kellhus is the only true salvation.

Not saying this is the case I just don't think we have all the variables.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2015, 02:19:10 am »
Any crimes committed by Kellhus after the events in TTT we can assume are done with the greater plan of ridding the world of the Consult and Inchoroi in mind.  Not all actions are equal in Earwa.  We need Mimara to see Kellhus with the Judging Eye to truly know if Kellhus is objectively holy or insane (being one might mean being the other, too, that won't be so easy to find out).
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2015, 02:51:24 am »
Any crimes committed by Kellhus after the events in TTT we can assume are done with the greater plan of ridding the world of the Consult and Inchoroi in mind.
Can we? I really have no idea.

Not all actions are equal in Earwa.  We need Mimara to see Kellhus with the Judging Eye to truly know if Kellhus is objectively holy or insane (being one might mean being the other, too, that won't be so easy to find out).
Even if we did see that, is Kellhus immoral or moral because he's damned/not damned? Just because the Outside apparently thinks so, do we have to think the same?

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2015, 03:32:25 am »
We need Mimara to see Kellhus with the Judging Eye to truly know if Kellhus is objectively holy or insane (being one might mean being the other, too, that won't be so easy to find out).

In a world where gods are real and morality is baked in to the universe, how could holiness be anything but the pinnacle of sanity?

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2015, 03:35:58 am »
Because the Outside is mad.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2015, 03:51:42 am »

As measured by what, if not itself or the Inside, which the Outside is already measuring?

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2015, 03:59:56 am »
Why does the Outside get to measure the Inside using its own standards, but the Inside doesn't get to judge the Outside?

And then I started worshiping the No-God.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2015, 07:57:49 am »
Any crimes committed by Kellhus after the events in TTT we can assume are done with the greater plan of ridding the world of the Consult and Inchoroi in mind.
How does this mesh with the belief Kellhus professes in TTT that the No-God is somehow speaking to him?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »

As measured by what, if not itself or the Inside, which the Outside is already measuring?

Measure is unceasing.

Why does the Outside get to measure the Inside using its own standards, but the Inside doesn't get to judge the Outside?

If anything, only Earwa should be used as the measuring stick, since the Outsdie is the most subjective plane that we know of.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »
I like to imagine Cnaiur's deranged will was strong enough in the Outside that he became some huge horrible entity there and spends all his time being THE MOST VIOLENT OF ALL CIPHRANG

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2015, 05:11:49 pm »
BREAKER OF GODS AND SOULS.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:25 am »
The reason Yatwer is in charge of the White Luck Warrior is that Cnaiur is currently in the process of killing Gilgaol and replacing him as War.