"War is Intellect" and other Griffith icons/graphics based on Conphas

• 24 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 05:09:44 pm »
Akka referring to himself as fat means that Conphas is a contrast to himself. So my conclusion is that Conohas is muscle-ey, tall etc... Body-wise, which would fit someone spending a great amount of time in the battle field. And that doesn't look much like Griffith, to me. There's also the Conphas being Keytai thing, which also makes him not so close to Griffith.
Thanks, H for making the edit btw. My forum mechanics are rusty.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 08:25:50 pm »
I don't think that Griffith is a narcissist or a sociopath. If anything, I think he's on the BPD spectrum. Honestly, when it came to him being horrible, in a lot of cases, he had to be. There were only two cases where he didn't have to horrible. :/
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 02:43:19 pm »
I don't think that Griffith is a narcissist or a sociopath. If anything, I think he's on the BPD spectrum. Honestly, when it came to him being horrible, in a lot of cases, he had to be. There were only two cases where he didn't have to horrible. :/

I don't know, I'm not really a fan of the implications if we think of things along the lines of Griffith not having free will.  Because, in that case, he isn't even a character, he's just a plot device.  Indeed, everyone is just a plot device then, basically.  It's far more interesting to me if Griffith does have free will, because then the question of why he does things is something to think about.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 02:57:53 pm »
Oh, I think he had free will, but in some cases, when he did do those horrible things, I don't think he had very many options.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 03:03:58 pm »
Oh, I think he had free will, but in some cases, when he did do those horrible things, I don't think he had very many options.

Well, there was always the option then of just sacrificing his "dream" and not selling them all for it.  But that was always more important to him than anything.  Which is the root of the whole thing, really.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 09:26:07 pm »

Well, there was always the option then of just sacrificing his "dream" and not selling them all for it.  But that was always more important to him than anything.  Which is the root of the whole thing, really.
How does that make him have free will though? This is how he truly was as a person, he was destined for the Egg of the King, destined to be a member of the God-Hand.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 12:28:45 pm »
How does that make him have free will though? This is how he truly was as a person, he was destined for the Egg of the King, destined to be a member of the God-Hand.

Well, if he had no choice in the matter, then there isn't anything to discuss, it was all fated from the get go and no one could do otherwise.  Well, except perhaps the Skull Knight, but even that could be questioned.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 02:48:50 pm »

Well, if he had no choice in the matter, then there isn't anything to discuss, it was all fated from the get go and no one could do otherwise.  Well, except perhaps the Skull Knight, but even that could be questioned.
What's exactly wrong with that tho? Also, remember when the Skull Knight tried to kill Griffith and instead tore a hole between worlds? It'll be interesting to see how far their 'white-luck' extends, won't it.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »
What's exactly wrong with that tho? Also, remember when the Skull Knight tried to kill Griffith and instead tore a hole between worlds? It'll be interesting to see how far their 'white-luck' extends, won't it.

There isn't really anything wrong with it, only the fact that it begs different questions in the case.

Time is a complicated subject in either case.  I do find it more interesting, personally, to think of the characters as having choices, even if those choices have, essentially, been preordained.  In this sense, it isn't that Griffith had to do what he did, it's that he would.  So, he did make a choice, in a sense, because he could have acted otherwise, but chose not to.  That he chose not to was foreseen, but to me, it's more interesting if this was not determinate, blindly so, but rather is just knowledge of the way things are likely to turn out.

I mean, we'll see how it works, because Guts should be dead, but he isn't.  So, we don't know if we are in a totally determinate world or not.  It's still more interesting to me if the characters are actually making choices, even if they fail at making ones they haven't been driven to.  It's basically a question of "locus of control."

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51:25 pm »
Akka referring to himself as fat means that Conphas is a contrast to himself. So my conclusion is that Conohas is muscle-ey, tall etc... Body-wise, which would fit someone spending a great amount of time in the battle field. And that doesn't look much like Griffith, to me. There's also the Conphas being Keytai thing, which also makes him not so close to Griffith.
Thanks, H for making the edit btw. My forum mechanics are rusty.
Ah, I get what you're saying, and you might be right. I'm just pointing out that while muscular might be the opposite of fat, the most opposite thing to fat guy would be a beautiful woman lol.

One of the other conditions of possibility.