World War IV

• 185 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2017, 03:15:55 pm »
Sticking to my guns with regards to genetic "optimization" that differentiation/randomness/error/mutation will out perform objective design ... forever. I agree some with MSJ that this is the stuff of scientific horror show regarding generic engineered superior intelligence , but the likely outcome is frustration/failure. Best application is "improving" constitution over intelligence; improving our ability to withstand viruses/disease and thwarting clearly negative fetal development ( e.g. autism ) will be MUCH more useful than generating "super humans"/"superior intellect" for which we'll simply fail to muster anything significant as best case scenario and a waste of time. We've already been doing it "mating" perceived highly intelligent/successful persons with each other which yielded mostly nothing ( just another batch of random minds with strengths/weaknesses with a variety of "success" in life ). Simply, no matter how successful you are in generating "smarter" people, plenty of the batch will "reject society", "self destructive", "low performers", "lazy" ... that small point of free will screwing it all up.

Edit: there is rich psychological research revealing "smarter" people are easier to con, their over confidence in their intellect preventing them from learning how not to be taken advantage of. Plenty of data showing leadership skills are not IQ based. So a society of super intellects could lead us to ruin not just by virtue of the bullying intellectual elites over the rest of us "duller" minds, but we would be too weak as a species to endure. Hard work/experience will trump high intellect/faster learning ... forever.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:20:50 pm by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2017, 03:53:12 pm »
What makes you so sure? What if by genetically altering the make up of humans, those new humans think the rest of us are just bugs? What them? What if we Fuck up and
I'm not gonna say this is not gonna be a valid point of discussion, but I just don't believe reality is going to be like Gattaca, i.e. Eugenics version II if things are handled properly. I'm not arguing for setting the flood gates lose for normies to have all their babies be tall, blonde, blue-eyed Kellhuses, I'm saying we discard the idea, be it subconscious or not, of the static, sacred human form. Cast off this chain and seize the opportunities beyond.
Beside that, the ruling economic elite already view us as bugs.

What if we Fuck up and give them super -human powers, unlocking something that's in all of us and they use it to destroy mankind?
Haha, I guess you watched that Limitless movie too. Anyway, it's not a realistic thing.
I think it's quote better to expect the worse and pray for the best. Just my 2 cents.
You can say that about anything tho. Like, what if cell-phones give everybody brain cancer in 50 years. You gotta look at the actual indications, but it becomes hard to separate bias from fact here.

Sticking to my guns with regards to genetic "optimization" that differentiation/randomness/error/mutation will out perform objective design ... forever.
It's really a false dichotomy if you think about it. Like Wilshire said, humans are a part, not apart, of nature, but it's common for us to think us outside the wild, given that we are obviously conscious, have free will, and are divinely created in the very image of God  8).
In essence, an enzyme being optimized in an industrial research facility is STILL nature acting upon itself, it is still NATURAL selection whereby a given form is selected by environmental constraints.

Edit: there is rich psychological research revealing "smarter" people are easier to con, their over confidence in their intellect preventing them from learning how not to be taken advantage of. Plenty of data showing leadership skills are not IQ based. So a society of super intellects could lead us to ruin not just by virtue of the bullying intellectual elites over the rest of us "duller" minds, but we would be too weak as a species to endure. Hard work/experience will trump high intellect/faster learning ... forever.
Meh, I don't really trust such stuff. Doesn't psychology have huge replicability issues as well? I'd not take any such research seriously without a sea-water enema, i.e. a little bit of salt. Also, I personally think IQ tests are kinda bullshit. I mean, if you have 200 you're probably smart, if you have 50 you're probably retarded, but aside from that it's all fucking vague.
Regarding the hard work thing, that's not really true. I mean, luck, social standing and other things are extremely important, but there are just some individuals who are capable of grasping and learning (certain things) much faster than others.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2017, 03:53:56 pm »
Huh, never thought of it that way. Look, in all for it if it benefits humanity, period.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2017, 12:09:59 pm »
Worst case scenario: morlocks and eloi. But eloi with nukes and superpowers.

Or even worst, weapon races like sranc going medieval with our asses.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Srancy

• Momurai
  • Unconditioned Shit Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2017, 06:10:45 pm »
All I know is don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2017, 09:55:22 pm »
All I know is don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

I blame you, my friend - for everything.

(click to show/hide)
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff