« on: June 24, 2016, 06:03:22 am »
I don't get it. At all. What happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »
Wreoleth is a topos, for one. But also, the Inchoroi, lacking the control mechanism for their biological weapons, were forced to rely on a number of hacks, which the Consult inherited. The Excursi are one such example. As are the Yokes. Whatever it is that happened expresses those parameters.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:19:33 pm »
So something about that place, probably similar to the 'Chigra' effect, causes some kind of visceral and instinctual reaction, as well as heritable to future generations. The men that emerged carried within them  a piece of that place, maybe due to the fact that it was a topos and their being was fundementally changed, and that piece triggers whatever 'flight' response mechanism that we see the sranc exhibit.

Might have been useful to force a few more legions to spend the night there. Could have had them a bare handful stand guard over the Schoolmen on their mountains, guaranteeing their safety a bit more.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 05:51:55 pm »
thank you, that's very interesting, I presume the hack is related to the concept of Larder and the Larder is related to the chain of people into the Golden room.