[TUC Spoilers] Nascenti of Zaudunyanicon

• 163 Replies

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »
For the record, I did mean Serwa. I assumed she was responsible for all those Surillic Points floating up near the ceiling... ;)
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

A personalized The Court of Broken Knives from Anna Smith Spark presented to Bakker at Zaudunyanicon.

What's the significance of Bakker signing that particular book, is the author a forum member? Also should i be reading the book?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »
Facebook member, and yes you should read it. 1st in a trilogy, I enjoyed it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2017, 05:34:20 pm »
For the record, I did mean Serwa. I assumed she was responsible for all those Surillic Points floating up near the ceiling... ;)

Just MG's terrible angle on reality - The J.J. Abrams of Zaudunyanicon Photographers ;).

What's the significance of Bakker signing that particular book, is the author a forum member? Also should i be reading the book?

Facebook member, and yes you should read it. 1st in a trilogy, I enjoyed it.

I was going to say, I know that Redeagl and MSJ enjoyed it and H didn't so much.

The author is a member of the Grimdark Fiction Readers & Writers group on Facebook, apparently has industry connections from heaven as her recent appearances with a variety of Fantasy icons at Worldcon suggests, and counts Bakker a primary influences regarding her own writing.

Today's Zaudunyanicon morsel:

Bakker and me! Gall, do I look stupid clean-shaven and without my requisite "Who Are The Dunyain?" snap-back..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:36:05 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2017, 06:02:03 pm »

Bakker talking on the Friday night, Tim Horton's in hand. A good portion of the video will be from Friday, no doubt.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hand of Yawgmoth

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
  • Curse Likaro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2017, 12:35:31 am »
Bakker is such a big silly Canadian. His "eh" game could use some work, but the Tim Hortons makes up for it.
To know is to have power over the world. To believe is to have power over men.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2017, 08:41:19 pm »
Quote from:  Madness
I was going to say, I know that Redeagl and MSJ enjoyed it and H didn't so much.

The author is a member of the Grimdark Fiction Readers & Writers group on Facebook, apparently has industry connections from heaven as her recent appearances with a variety of Fantasy icons at Worldcon suggests, and counts Bakker a primary influences regarding her own writing.

I'll admit her book wasn't revolutionary, and had many plot holes and armour. That being said, it has potential. And, when it comes to fantasy I'm not hard to please and think the story has alot of room to grow. Its nothing like Bakker if that's what people are wondering. But, it's got potential and her writing wasn't jarring and kept me interested. 3 1/2 out of 5.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2017, 09:15:42 am »
Was the audio/video of this uploaded somewhere? Or any of the responses for the Q and A?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2017, 11:52:33 am »
Not yet, or not that I'm aware of. Sorry Wolfdrop, the world conspires against us currently.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:44 am »
Was the audio/video of this uploaded somewhere? Or any of the responses for the Q and A?

We're waiting on audio transcripts to be approved by Bakker. It'll likely be some more weeks at this rate. Straight up audio is likely a no-go, unless the Nascenti want to share their private recordings at their own discretion. Bakker the Brother has basically shelved any video for the time being...

I still have more pictures to share and, while MG, Wilshire, and I seem more busy than "usual," there are six other Nascenti to ping and quiz if you're curious about their Erratic recollections.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2017, 12:47:49 am »
So will there be a ZCon next year or was all that chatter just bullshit? I wanna go!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »
"Next year," whenever that may be...

I'm sure the Ishoiya crowd and now the Nascenti of Zaudunyanicon will try and get together in 2018. Whether than includes Bakker or not, I couldn't be sure. I was literally after him as far back as Sep 2016 for August 2017 and it wasn't until a week or two beforehand that he confirmed publicly.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:12 pm »
So will there be a ZCon next year or was all that chatter just bullshit? I wanna go!
I dunno if the economics, let alone everything else, will work out such that we can do it that often - both for the planers and the attendees.

If I were being honest, I'd say hoping for something the next time there is a book release wouldn't be totally outlandish but still perhaps not necessarily a distinct possibility.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2017, 12:41:31 am »
If I were being honest, I'd say hoping for something the next time there is a book release wouldn't be totally outlandish but still perhaps not necessarily a distinct possibility.

Good rule of thumb.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:16 am »
Sorry to hear the video isn't coming, was really looking forward to it :(