Maithanet

• 6 Replies

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:33:46 pm »
Two questions about Martha, the first is was he one of the Few ? He seems to recognize Akka as a sorcerer in Sumna. And the second is did he have any children of his own, it spend natural for him to have his own brood and easier than Kellhus because he was only half Dunyain. If he spent most of his time in Sumna then he would have his own power base and more than twenty years to do this.
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

RedSetter4570

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:09:34 am »
Half Dunyain can't breed?  It seems if he could have, he would have.  It takes the Mark of the Few to allow Dunyain to pass off their genes, but The Mark is probably a petty recessive gene, made more recessive by only having half Dunyain genes.  The Scholastic Wars probably wiped out most of the gene in the 3 Seas.

Or Half Dunyain are all genetic dead ends
Cero Miedo

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:04:08 pm »
Maithanet was of the Few, as Proyas and Akka discuss in TDTCB. 

Maithanet probably did not have children, since his credibility as a religious leader would be compromised if he did, and that would interfere with his mission.  Note however that it seems only to be Inrithi priests that must be celibate, the subordinate cults of the Hundred seems to have at least some hereditary priests in them (e.g. the High Cultist of Gilgaol).
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 10:18:22 pm »
Err, Moenghus just said he couldn't - and that was that?

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 05:59:11 pm »
The religious expectations placed upon the Shriah of the Thousand Temples do not originate with Anasurimbor Moenghus.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:40:13 pm »
I support the idea and think it's quite plausible that Dunyain-Human hybrids are mules.

Dunkelheit

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:15 am »
Why would he? if Team Moe sr. needed more pseudo-Dunyain, Moe would father them himself. And he is the pope shriah.
Kellhus could have thought him the metagnosis and have him make quarter Dunyains, but my guess is that he has to play the more conservative part and control all the people who take umbrage with Kellhus breaking all the rules. If he started acting like Kellhus it would probably be much greater chance of rebellion and the whole empire collapsing.