The Depths of Golgotterath?

• 23 Replies

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »
Do we ever get any kind of reaction from Soma regarding the Seal that would verify it either way?

There's not necessarily any reason to think that stuff without souls is blind to the Outside when it comes into the phyical world, but there's not really anything to disprove it, either, and the idea would at least have symmetry. Now that I think on it, none of the Skin Spies Cnaiur spoke to were ever able to describe the Inverse Fire...

So far the only real verified blindspot inherent to having no soul seems to be an inability to perceive and identify paradoxes, but where there's one blindspot there may be more.

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 11:29:36 pm »
The storks follow Sranc.  They are visible to Yatwer, but are described as 'lies made flesh'.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 01:44:41 pm »
"The gates are no longer guarded."

To me, this suggests that the nonmen were engaged in trying to manufacture a type of" topos" that instead connected to the spaces between the gods. 
NG's rumminations on kneeling deep and holy places within the earth and Gin'Yursis' appellation as Holy Siqu seem to hint strongly at this interpretation.  Why, after all, would the Quya want to create portals to Hell?
I have always found that line difficult to explain, but thats a pretty good idea.

The storks follow Sranc.  They are visible to Yatwer, but are described as 'lies made flesh'.
Also not sure of what to make about "lies made flesh". I forget the context, but maybe she could only see them once she came into Earwa and saw the fields of dead. Likely something akin to what I have talked about recently, she is probably just unable to comprehend her own ignorance even when confronted with it directly.

As for the treatment of Emwama being well treated, I doubt it. Consider the Javreh commanders with their chorae. Also, after eons of slavery, why bother rising up? They probably had any dominant traits bred out of them thousands of years ago. Rebellion against their masters would be akin to murdering a God. You aren't going to be able to incite mass rebellion against with a little ball of iron, not to mention that even the Quya are skilled in material warfare as well. (Nil'Giccas in Cil').

No matter how terrible the treatment was, it was the norm. Millions of years of horrific torment would be a simple day to day life.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 08:54:19 pm »
There's a point where you leave people no choice but to rebel. I'm sure the relationship was exploitative, but nothing like say, the relationship between Spartiates and Helots, where slaves were literally hunted for sport and combat practice.

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »
But the Inchoroi tried and failed to incite the Eamwa to rebellion, even after giving them chorae.  .

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 11:33:14 pm »
Which demonstrates that the Emwama were never of the opinion that they had to rise up or die.

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 11:46:23 pm »
Yeah, I think the bit I'm referring to basically says they were too smart to rebel ;)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »
Haha it seems we run as far as the road of information will take us.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 05:27:05 pm »
maybe the emwama of ishterebinth are still there, suffering in the topos that their suffering created

are they going to have like sranc butlers and things in ishterebinth?  is every nonman left above the level of servant?  if not, think of the ageless resentment