Man, this sucks!

• 11 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« on: July 07, 2017, 11:42:54 pm »
I'm seeing so many TUC threads and I don't even have my book yet! So I can't read any of them - I feel left out. Anyone suffering in the same boat with me?
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:49:43 pm »
Yes, my copy will only arrive on or around the 14th according to Amazon. :( I hope there's still this much activity in the TUC subforum by the time I actually get to read it.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 02:05:07 am »
My copy arrives on the 11th... Can't wait.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:39 pm »
Yes, my copy will only arrive on or around the 14th according to Amazon. :( I hope there's still this much activity in the TUC subforum by the time I actually get to read it.

Well, we aren't getting another book for a long, long time, imo. I wouldn't worry about conversation dying down in 3 weeks, or this forum wouldn't even exist.

5 years we waited for TGO. You'll be fine with 3 weeks, I promise, and there will be plenty who wait till the 25th or whatever. :)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »
Well, we aren't getting another book for a long, long time, imo. I wouldn't worry about conversation dying down in 3 weeks, or this forum wouldn't even exist.

5 years we waited for TGO. You'll be fine with 3 weeks, I promise, and there will be plenty who wait till the 25th or whatever. :)

While rationally I know fully well this is true, while I don't have the book there will be always that raw emotional "but I want to read it and talk about it right now like everyone else is doing!" reaction. I'm looking forward to sharing my TUC thoughts by the weekend/early next week or so. :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:31:09 pm »
You only get to read it the first time once :) . Don't give in before then and ruin it lol
One of the other conditions of possibility.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 08:14:20 pm »
You only get to read it the first time once :) . Don't give in before then and ruin it lol

Very true. :) I have no intention of spoiling myself or anything, that very first read is too great an experience for that. I've just been checking the threads on official buys and the one with the excerpts from the first 2 TUC chapters and avoiding all the rest in that subforum. ;)

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »
I won't be getting my copy till the 25th.
Brother, I have looked in the fire....and it shall burn for years.

I have spoiled myself and this forum will be talking about all this for a long time
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

Parsh

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 02:05:13 pm »
The good news for me was that I won the Goodreads giveaway, so I didn't have to shell out for this book (which I would have, even if my wife looked askance and grumbled). But as a result I have no idea when my copy will arrive. Seeing the number of posts swell in the folder for The Unholy Consult, I despair a little each day.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 02:17:55 pm »
The good news for me was that I won the Goodreads giveaway, so I didn't have to shell out for this book (which I would have, even if my wife looked askance and grumbled). But as a result I have no idea when my copy will arrive. Seeing the number of posts swell in the folder for The Unholy Consult, I despair a little each day.

Sounds like Ajokli... ;)

I can relate, after the delivery delay of the UK TPB, I ordered my first e-book ever, the TUC one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:23:06 pm by Hiro »
Mystery denotes darkness

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 10:19:44 pm »
UPDATE!

Still sucks.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator