H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »
Maith must have some little birds about, he probably knew that Akka was in the area.  In fact, if I remember correctly, Maith sees Akka and I believe he questions Proyas about him.  He presumably connects the dots, or Moe does, to realize what is the right course of action will be.

He sees him at The Hagerna when declaring the object of the Holy War. But, it doesn't explain how he knows that Akka will teach him. Maybe its deduction, I guess.

They don't really need know he would teach him, per se, to know that having a Mandati for Kellhus to "convert" would be a definite benefit.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »
They don't really need know he would teach him, per se, to know that having a Mandati for Kellhus to "convert" would be a definite benefit.

Yea, I guess it one of those thing where I might just be reading too much into it. If Moe/Maith know about Celmommian Prophecy, and I'm sure they do, it makes sense to get a Mandate sorcerer near Kellhus based on Anasurimbor alone.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 03:10:18 pm »
Yea, I guess it one of those thing where I might just be reading too much into it. If Moe/Maith know about Celmommian Prophecy, and I'm sure they do, it makes sense to get a Mandate sorcerer near Kellhus based on Anasurimbor alone.

Part of the Thought's success lies in setting up the dominoes in the right way, so that when they do fall, they fall in a beneficial way, every time.  So it all seems lucky, but it's all because it was set up to have highly probable beneficiary outcomes at every turn.  Up to, and including, making itself come true.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:05 pm »
He'll see much of Akka in Proyas, know he has a teacher's soul etc.