[TGO SPOILERS] Inchoroi Weaponry

• 48 Replies

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 08:53:40 am »
Do you think we will see further weaponry, biological, technical or sorcerous, as the new Apocalypse progresses?

Absolutely. 

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 02:01:04 am »
I think it's a near certainty. We've really barely seen any Consult intervention at all. Now that the Horde is gone (and, apparently, Kellhus as well), it's time to bring out the big guns and truly start the war.

JerakoKayne

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 03:44:38 am »
If the older tech is in such short supply, or degraded, or whatever else, is it more likely to be a new biotech? Or something crazier than a nuke.

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:11 am »
Personally I'm giddy like a chinese schoolgirl that we are finally stepping into the pit of obscenities.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 05:43:09 am »
New biotech seems more likely since more of the infrastructure seems to have survived. Plus at least in the real world biotech infrastructure is usually somewhat less demanding than other forms.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 07:17:25 am »
Up till now the Consult have been able to use the ruined North and the wild Sranc as a defensive barrier.  As that's no longer possible we're going to see all the toys.  They will hit them with everything they've got.  The Consult aren't exactly eager to die.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:14 pm »
I really don't think that we're gonna see a ton of Tekne weaponry. Maybe, maybe another Nuke, but I doubt it. I believe all efforts have been put into the resurrection of the No-God. The Nuke was a trap within a trap, trying to take out the Ordeal in one fell swoop. Its sorcery from here on out, and I imagine it's gonna be awesome.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 09:56:51 pm »
Other Tekne weaponry doesn't mean a nuke.  It's much more likely to biological in origin, such as the hypothetical Battle Synthese.

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »
Other Tekne weaponry doesn't mean a nuke.  It's much more likely to biological in origin, such as the hypothetical Battle Synthese.

And/or wracu, let's not forget about them. They grow bigger over time, according to the scene with Wutteät in WLW, right? According to accounts, at least some should have survived the defeat of the No-God, IIRC. And Wutteät, although himself no weapon of the Tekne and beaten by Akka + Cleric, is still Shrödinger's Dragon... Or at the very least, the whole box has not been lifted from him.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 01:16:16 am »

Yeah, Battle-Synthese!

The big revelation at the end of TDTCB for Achamian was that the advent of the No-God was close because the Skin-Spies were new artifacts of the Old Science, the Tekne.

Ur-Sranc were surprising in WLW but seemed to be a "they were there all along" thing. Same with the Sranc at the end of TGO, who emit pheromones to repel their "wild cousins" and keep the Consult's "human allies" safe.

I have a curious relationship with body horror - in that I don't know if I'm disturbed by it or not - but I'm really hoping Bakker goes full Silent-Hill in TUC.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:08 am »
We're talking about the guy who had the Inchoroi show up for their first battle armoured in corpses and depicts Srancs wearing hauberks of human fingernails.  I'm sure you'll get some body horror.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 08:35:04 am »
Silent Hill body horror is a specific style. Although the description of bashrag anatomy is getting there.

JerakoKayne

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 12:16:57 pm »
I've been curious about projectile weapons, too. If the Inkies ever really used ballistics is another question entirely, but some of the effects in the few sorcerous battles leads me to wonder just what gets through Wards and what doesn't. Certainly sound does, but perhaps some form of momentum? It's unclear how exactly the 'Odaini Concussion Cant' functions, exactly, but it does seem to go through Akka's opponent's Wards. That whole battle (where Achamian is captured by the Scarlet Spires in Iothiah) makes me wonder how sorcerers would far against, say, a gatling gun or similar. Loud reports and continuous stress produced!

@MSJ I look forward to future sorcery battles, as well! We know of several different varieties already, all with different ways of focusing their intent. Do the Inchoroi use the Gnosis of the Nonmen, or did they come up with some new version as alien to the Schools as are their very alien thoughts? Aurang was limited before, by distance, when we've seen his. When he brings it up close and personal, I really wonder what his sorcerous arsenal will look like.

For that matter, do the Scylvendi have an analogue to the Schools? I don't remember if the Way precludes this or not. That could be another new weapon, too.

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 01:29:33 pm »
We know the Mangaecca were Gnostic sorcerers, but the Inchoroi prossibly have access to Quyan magic, as Mekeritrig is a Quyan mage. But a confrontation will surely be spectacular.

As long as the source of an attack is mundane, any Ward seems to work, though Abstractions seem easier and quicker to maintain. It's when magic comes into play that the power levels of the various types of magic comer into play. We haven't seen that many Gnostic vs Gnostic battles yet. It's always Gnostic vs Anagogic.
In a mage battle in equal level, we've only seen Akka's Oidanic Concussion against Cleric, but he wasn't warding.

Quyan magic seems to have been effective during the Cunuo-Inchoroi wars. That leads me to assume the wars would probably work. Possibly maintaining them would cost more energy, but apart from that...

Gnostic magic is simply superior to the Anagogis, as was explained in the first books. Akka explains it from a metamagical perspective.

Scylvendi have no mages, as far as we've seen at Kiyuth.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 02:32:37 pm »
We haven't seen that many Gnostic vs Gnostic battles yet. It's always Gnostic vs Anagogic.
In a mage battle in equal level, we've only seen Akka's Oidanic Concussion against Cleric, but he wasn't warding.

Yeah... what a long con Bakker's played. I can't wait for Gnosis on Gnosis.

Quyan magic seems to have been effective during the Cunuo-Inchoroi wars.

Allegedly, Wracu were breed specifically to fight Nonmen Quya.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer