Gods, Gode & Absolute

• 11 Replies

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:13:38 pm »
So the Solitary God is asleep. Is he simply a unification of all the Gods or is it its own thing and the Gods his runaway demon slaves having a grand old time while it's asleep? The victory condition for the Fanim then would be to murder all the Gods by depriving them of worship (which is in doubt somewhat since apparently everyone is damned by default) and waking up the Solitary God by some superset union of all the demon gods. Also, since the Cish get their power from their feels, doesn't that mean Gode would be the agglomeration of all the feels and the Dunyain Absolute, based on the complete negation of any feels would be his direct opposition and the No-God, in fact the logical endpoint of the Absolute.

Gods/Gode being blind to the No-God, yet his brilliant sarcophagus was being protected by Chorae (themselves based on negation) always struck me as a bit odd. Mimara sees them as pure holiness, because they revert the World as it was, or should be. There is some kind of disconnect there but I can't put my finger on it.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:48:16 pm »
Was there a question in there somewhere?

I think that the Absolute and whatever is the true god, be it the solitary god or something else, are one and the same. The No-God is something differently entirely, imo. Nothing comes before God, its above all the 100 gods and the  ciphrang, ostensibly it made all things and therefore came before everything, but from a Dunyain point of view, everything comes before the No-God, as its wrapped in so much darkness it can't even see itself. Its moved by everything without knowing how or why.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

JRControl

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:13:07 pm »
So would that mean the No-God then represents some kind of twisted ideal of the Nonmen? Representing so much darkness and all? The curious thing for me is that old Mog appeared in later conflicts of Scott Aurang vs the World and from what little we can gather, its creation requires the sacrifice of souled peoples. If No-God has such a powerful effect of completely closing the Outside, it would seem to me that Inchoroi would have just kept one on their ship and continued their merry galactic murder orgy without fear. The knowledge of the No-God came from Earwa somehow and/or it's incarnation is only possible on Earwa.

The No-God being wrapped in so much darkness that it can't even see itself reminds of a computer. It does things, processes inputs and spits out outputs, it can seem alive, but it's just doing the thing it was made to do. I'm sure the way skin spies are built has something to do with it. Then again only souled creatures can perform sorcery. And again the Chorae on the sarcophagus. It's making my brain itch, but I can't puzzle it out. I was hoping someone had a clearer view of the whole picture, but I should probably wait until I read TGO when it comes out and make my silly questions then.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »
No sense is waiting, now's as good a time as any.

The No-God being the Nonmen's ideal is a great conclusion. The worship nothingness/oblivion/darkness, and the No-God seems to be the embodiment of that. Can't believe I never thought of that.
If it helps, remember that chorae are sorcerous artifacts. They were made with magic. The entire sarcophagus is probably something similar to a larger aporos artifact, and the little chorae we see act as something like an anchoring or enhancing effect of whatever aporatic sorcery is going on in there.

As you said, presumably, the No-God can only exist within Earwa. In the very least, the Inchoroi didn't know how, or couldn't in fact, make it without something like sorcery (assuming that Earwa is the only place where sorcery exists). Otherwise, they would have already had it. Their own portable no-field (if you've read Dune, that is. If not, you should do so int he month we have left before TGO :) ).

All things surrounding the aporos make my brain itch as well.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:36:07 pm by Wilshire »

JRControl

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:36:08 pm »
Yeah Chorae stand out somehow. They are created by magic, but are holy according to Judgovision. They enforce Being as it is but are created by blasphemy. There is an important point there I feel, but is beyond me currently.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 12:30:28 am »
JR, what's this usage of Gode supposed to denote? Just curious.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

JRControl

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 11:11:50 am »
Oh jeez talk about blindness, kinda embarrassing well you know how there is some point in certain friendships when you develop inside jokes and internal language that sometimes goes too far in its use? It's supposed to stand for God, but the kind of derpy God, much like Doge meme. (like the quote from Steiner in the Cross of Iron "I believe that God is a sadist, but probably doesn't even know it.") Might be a reaction to an overly religious environment I reside in.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:12 pm »
Lol - interesting.

No worries, so long as you don't mind your shorthand being appropriated. The most pleasing appellation usually wins.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

imhereforthefreebook

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »
I'm on TWP in my reread, just came across akkas speculation that the skin spy is proof the consult have the Tekne again and therefore possibly the means to recreate mog phoro... so the Tekne is necessary but not sufficient?

Sent from my FEVER using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »
My brain is very slow in sourcing threads right now. Not been actively doing so for so long. There are threads which tread this topic.

But yes, that is the idea, I think, freebook (your username doesn't acronym well ;)). People point to sorcery being necessary as well because of the Chorae embedded in the Carapace.

Just searched no-god.

What is the No-God?
And the current incarnation: What is the No-God? (II)

Please free to resurrect any topic you like as well.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 03:45:20 pm »
I'm on TWP in my reread, just came across akkas speculation that the skin spy is proof the consult have the Tekne again and therefore possibly the means to recreate mog phoro... so the Tekne is necessary but not sufficient?

That's the general consensus. If all they needed for Mog was the Tekne, I think they would have released it upon landing on Earwa. They wasted countless centuries and lives trying to subdue the nonmen and then men, before releasing it. Seems reasonable that Shae, with his brilliant intellect and magics, as well as the Inchoroi and their Tekne, are both required.

imhereforthefreebook

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 05:01:35 pm »
Cheers tkx for the explanation and link