Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:08 am »
It makes me think that the guiding narrative and the pageantry of ritual are necessary aspects...

It's definitely possible. I've read about rituals that induce altered states like what seems to be possession, but the ritual can also take that altered state - whatever it is - and make it far more useful than the erratic shifts in behavior we see with demons possessing(?) Christians or ghosts possessing(?) Hindu women on the eve of their marriage.

So perhaps both possession and abduction relate to psychological events that take on more chaotic aspects when divorced from ritual. I really wish Hancock had explored this some more. For example he mentions the carnival imagery appearing to a great number of DMT users, and the possibility that people ignorant of others' experiences are having similar trip imagery, but then doesn't really pursue that.

It makes me think of the narrative spun by schizophrenics... but there could be plenty of disorders or simply real life rituals/substance use that might imitate that narrative portion of real dysfunction.

But who knows... I really have no way to account for demons, etc, because I've not yet had to deal with that type of situation. I hope I don't just break down and cry :).

This is very interesting. Can you elaborate, or maybe post some links? ;)

Lol... I find this stuff pretty interesting so, though I linked one dissenting opinion, forgive me:

Archaeoacoustics reconstructs the sound of Stonehenge

Stone Age Art Caves May Have Been Concert Halls
Archaeoacoustics: The Sound of Ancient Megalithic Structures.
Archaeoacoustics: Tantalizing, but fantastical
Archaeoacoustics
Archeoacoustics: Old Temples Study Foundation
Ancient Temple Architects May Have Been Chasing a Buzz From Sound Waves
Stonehenge's eerie sounds revived

Wade Davis is looking into this aspect in his book "Light at the edge of the world: A journey through the realm of vanishing cultures". Have not read it yet, but I think he is of the opinion that if all this old knowledge disappears, it will be a great loss. When a culture disappears, the language disappears too, and then there are no one who can pass on the knowledge. More and more cultures are being civilized, and the old ways are taken over by the new ways.

P.S Thanks for those "how to make crop circles" links Madness. I will show these to some of my more alien inclined friends :)

Interesting. And no worries.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Raizen

• Suthenti
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »
I'm attempting to give this a fair shake without sounding like too much of a fanatic, but this gentleman's certainty is enough to give me pause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifq0BHivado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83v5Rgeu2Yc

Now, the government covering things up is pretty standard, but he has enough apparent documents and testimonials (I'm attempting to find proof of what exactly it is he's talking about in this video) that you can't shake off the feeling that he really has found something fishy.  His "inertia of the secrecy" argument is fascinating.  Maybe in the beginning we found something and can't give up the ghost on the lie because we are so ingrained in covering it up?  Now there are a few points he makes that are a bit extreme, but some of them are unique to the point where you are at least curious enough to listen to him.

This is very interesting. Can you elaborate, or maybe post some links? ;)

Lol... I find this stuff pretty interesting so, though I linked one dissenting opinion, forgive me:

Archaeoacoustics reconstructs the sound of Stonehenge

Stone Age Art Caves May Have Been Concert Halls
Archaeoacoustics: The Sound of Ancient Megalithic Structures.
Archaeoacoustics: Tantalizing, but fantastical
Archaeoacoustics
Archeoacoustics: Old Temples Study Foundation
Ancient Temple Architects May Have Been Chasing a Buzz From Sound Waves
Stonehenge's eerie sounds revived

Madness, you've just given me enough interesting articles to distract me from working today lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:49:27 pm by Raizen »
Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 02:38:03 pm »
Dr. Steven Greer, eh? Gall... it is so easy to fall down the rabbit hole following links and videos. I used to do that for days on end :D. Happy carefree days.

Lol, happy distraction, Raizen :).

EDIT:

Topically off-topic: What Are the Acoustic Wonders of the World?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:12:16 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »
Yeah, do not tempt me either Raizen ;D I clawed my way up the rabbit hole many years ago, stinking of sweat and bad cannabis.

And Raizen, there is a thread http://second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1125.0
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:40:46 pm by Royce »

Raizen

• Suthenti
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »
I'll suddenly snap back into every day life after reading all of this...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:51:43 pm by Raizen »
Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 09:20:15 pm »
If that doesn't happen with this forum, then we haven't been building the monument properly ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2014, 07:00:13 am »
It's incredible just how obsessed Pinchbeck was about this stuff in 2012: Return of Quetzacoatl.

Breaking Open the Head was an incredible book, going off into speculative paths, even into "high strangeness" where the Phenomenal pokes into the Material, but for all that still felt grounded...even if only one foot was on the ground you felt like there was metaphorical value in the encounters with spiritual entities.

Sadly 2012:RoQ sometimes feels like the baby was thrown out but Pinchbeck was still drinking the bathwater and offering it as his own Koolaid variant. He still manages to balance his Imaginal/Phenomenal encounters and discussions with metaphor, at least for awhile, but his own hipster self-pity track intertwines with his crop circle obsession which somehow excuses his infidelity and general inability to manage relationships or the responsibility of parenting...because aether currents or some shit were repressing his inner-playa....

Y U Like Crop Circles SO MUCH Pinchbeck?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:02:24 am by sciborg2 »

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »
Crop circles are archetypes which originates from the unconscious. Just as Mckenna argues that UFOs also comes from the unconscious. I need to read Jung more deeply :)

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 03:50:21 am »
Cold Fusion in an Italian Crop Circle?

http://dailygrail.com/Sacred-Sites/2014/6/Cold-Fusion-Italian-Crop-Circle

Crop circles aren't restricted to the megalith-infested plains of the United Kingdom - here's one that showed up in Italy on the solstice over the weekend. But rather than being a message from aliens, or manifestations of earth energy interacting with the powers of the Sun, this one seems to be of human origin: Italian circle-maker Francesco Grassi has claimed it as his work (along with his team of Paolo Attivissimo, Marco Morocutti, Simone Angioni, Antonio Ghidoni, Davide Dal Pos, Alessandra Pandolfi), and has titled the crop glyph the "LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) Clock" (LENR is another name for the controversial science of 'cold fusion'). We posted another circle created by Grassi and his team around this time last year.

Regardless of Grassi's claim, the decoding effort has begun in earnest at Crop Circle Connector. Jump on in if you like trying to decode ciphers.