Anasurimbor Pseudonymus

• 10 Replies

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« on: September 22, 2015, 03:30:23 am »
Bakker mentioned once, in a bit of an off-hand remark, that some of the chapter epigraphs in TJE and WLW were supposed to be written by Kellhus under a pseudonym.

So, which ones?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:06:50 am »
The judging eye would be 3, 5, 8, 11, obviously, the authors names are pretty good giveaways.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:13:32 am »
White luck warrior : 5.2, 6.2, 7.1, 11, interlude
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:20:20 am by locke »

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:49:38 am »
Wow -- never even guessed at that. How did you get that from the TJE author' names, Locke?

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »
I rushed through some of the Locke's choices. Dunno about the author's names (so, here I join to Profgrape's question!), but...

1) There is at least a recurring pattern. Many of them are poetic lines of somehow similar size & vagueness.
2) There is at most a very suspicious dating & geotagging - second decade of New Imperial Year with lots of "Somewhere South of Gielgath". I recon it can be explained by Kellhus horizont-2-horizont teleportation & daily aspecty-emperatory stuff? He doesn't use roads and other mundane means of transport, he's unbound to pass through cities, so most of his locations are not precise but approximate.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:09:45 pm »
Nel-Saripal is a Kellhus sockpuppet you are saying, Locke?  Doesn't he physically appear in chapter three of TJE?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:27:49 am »
Nel-Saripal is a Kellhus sockpuppet you are saying, Locke?  Doesn't he physically appear in chapter three of TJE?
Good catch we can probably eliminate that one.

Since rsb identified tae as having sockpuppets we can probably eliminate all the authors who also appear in tpon.  From there we can further eliminate scripture and known texts like the isuphyris.  That leaves just a handful some of which can be eliminated as was just done to nrlsaripal.  I also threw out anyone who appears more than once.

Then look at the names and titles of quoted works, there are some that just sound kind of gag like while also sounding like kellhus voice.

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 11:29:39 am »
1) There is at least a recurring pattern. Many of them are poetic lines of somehow similar size & vagueness.
2) There is at most a very suspicious dating & geotagging - second decade of New Imperial Year with lots of "Somewhere South of Gielgath". I recon it can be explained by Kellhus horizont-2-horizont teleportation & daily aspecty-emperatory stuff? He doesn't use roads and other mundane means of transport, he's unbound to pass through cities, so most of his locations are not precise but approximate.

Lol, the geographical location of the chapters doesn't have anything to do with the epigraphs.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 06:11:37 am »
Note: with the second apocalypse we lose the compendium of the first holy war, which was by far the dominant source of the chapter headers of PON.  We also have transitioned out of two chapter headers, to pretty much always only one chapter header:

The Judging Eye

Chapter Five: Momemn
Where luck is the twist of events relative to mortal hope, White-Luck is the twist of events relative to divine desire.  To worship it is to simply will what happens as it happens.
—ARS SIBBUL, SIX ONTONOMIES

Chapter Eight: The River Rohil
The will to conceal and the will to deceive are one and the same.  Verily, a secret is naught but a deception that goes unspoken.  A lie that only the Gods can hear.
—MEREMPOMPAS, EPISTEMATA

Chapter Eleven: The Osthwai Mountains
Since all men count themselves righteous, and since no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent, a man need only strike another to make him evil.
—NULLA VOGNEAS, THE CYNICATA

This is what I mean, look at the titles of these three, ontology, epistemology, and cynicism rather different from the other texts, similar to ajencis theophysics but more on the nose in a winking fashion, and the last one has an author name that suspiciously translates as "no voice" in my head.  The middle author is  merry pompous and the first screams at mean it should mock translate to something, but my brains stops at ars technica and I can't get around the block.

I'm much more confident in those, particularly the last one, than any of the white luck warrior ones.

And, they also all sound like kellhus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:13:28 am by locke »

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:55 pm »
Bakker mentioned once, in a bit of an off-hand remark, that some of the chapter epigraphs in TJE and WLW were supposed to be written by Kellhus under a pseudonym.

Where did he say this?

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:50 pm »
Lol, the geographical location of the chapters doesn't have anything to do with the epigraphs.
Oh, lol, in a hurry I assumed them to be descriptions of epigrahps. Like, you know, their authors' biographical bits.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:19:23 pm by Simas Polchias »