• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:16:10 pm »
Forum,

Hello, how are you? It's been a Zaudunyanicon since I read you last!

So...

I made this thread so that forum members can sound the Nine Nascenti on what they experienced at Zaudunyanicon 2017! I'm also going to make a thread about what we'd like to see at "next years" Zaudunyanicon (in perpetuity).

The Nascenti (thank you, pail) are Hand of Yawgmoth, pail, Tivadar, Camlost, arrogantfascist, mrganondorf (bakkerfans), Wilshire, and Thing called Sarcellus. Feel free to ask them "What Did You See?" ;)

Bakker's brother (of The Second Apocalypse trailer fame) recorded much of Friday night and Saturday's interactions. There also may be some forthcoming audio recordings. Among... countless other nuggets.

It was well and truly overwhelming - and I have had the benefit of previous interactions.

Friday the first hour was a very informal chat session before Bryan Bakker (Bakker's brother) formalized us into shape and the night continued as half Bakker waxing on any given number of subjects/half Q&A. A side note, Bakker is very interested in ideas for some kind of prequel novel to help "grease the stairs" into TDTCB. Friday night, the hotel restaurant opened for the 12 of us (including Bakker, his brother, and his wife) so that we could continue socializing beyond our event space time (which a number of us did until almost 2am between the bar and Wilshire's hotel room).

Saturday the group of us did breakfast (to which I was late, of course) and then chatted for a time in our event space before forming a D&D session and a crash-course of William R's "The Vulgar Holy War (which ran quite nicely up until we really got going and Bakker showed up). Bakker's brother filmed some round-table interviews across Friday night and Saturday afternoon following which Bakker signed everyone's books (including Wracu-Wilshire's entire Coffers!) and all the posters that Somnambulist generously allowed us to print (forthcoming thread about a signed poster/Zaudunyanicon 2017 patch giveaway). Then Bakker proceeded to yield us an unadulterated story Q&A that seemed to last far longer than intended (the hotel graciously allowed us the space far longer than our respectively booked times), which you can and should ply the Nascenti about.

Saturday evening, the group of us went out for dinner and then proceeded to drink/not drink and play Tak and euchre and Quarto and talk endlessly about the series, TUC, the weekend, life, the universe, and everything in Wilshire's room until about 3-4am on Sunday.

Sunday morning we met up for breakfast and then proceeded to mourn the quickness of time and wish everyone Strength on the Journey on their various slogs home.

I have plenty of pictures incoming from the Nascenti, the forthcoming polished and possibly raw recordings from Bakker the Brother, as well as possible audio recordings from the weekend to release so I will keep everyone updated.

Cheers.

And in the meantime, ply the Nascenti here!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:22:57 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:21:10 pm »
 8)
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 08:21:44 pm »
Just edited a bit but I already relayed most of this to you, Hiro :).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:49 pm »
Awesome.
 What did you see? What are you?
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:38 pm »
Did y'all find meaning?

For real though, what's the best piece of info gleaned from the man that would have us shitting and giggling.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 09:20:53 pm »
I'm also interested in knowing what you guys learned from the Q&A, anything surprising/intriguing that hadn't come up before in the AMA?
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 02:52:22 am »
Were there any notable Freudian slips on Bakker's part about things we aren't supposed to know yet?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
Glad to hear it went well and sorry that I couldn't make it.

Perhaps next year...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »
Were there any notable Freudian slips on Bakker's part about things we aren't supposed to know yet?

I don't think so.

Bakker seemed pretty ready to talk about whatever we asked about. Just a couple RAFO's, and explicitly "no questions about halos". Other than that, he seemed happy to indulge us.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 01:17:43 pm »
So... was anything revealed about the fate of Shaeönanra?
And did anybody ask about Kellhus telling Proyas that the Inchoroi must win at some point :D?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 03:59:05 pm »
Awesome.
 What did you see? What are you?

Lol, I think I've described a portion of what I saw above.

Seriously, brain just feels overloaded right now - though that could have been the beers as well.

After this weekend, I am the Lesser Madness living and dreaming and hoping while the Greater Madness plays its game ;).

Did y'all find meaning?

For real though, what's the best piece of info gleaned from the man that would have us shitting and giggling.

I feel like there was a pretty extensive conversation regarding morality on Friday night. One great line that got a laugh, I think, was "Would you ask Mohammad to rewrite the Quran?"

I'm also interested in knowing what you guys learned from the Q&A, anything surprising/intriguing that hadn't come up before in the AMA?

- "Kellhus is dead but not done."
- I missed a couple portions of Saturday but as I have always a big proponent of Fanimry it was relayed to me later that no in-world interpretation about the state of the World, the Outside, and the reality of Earwa is right; Memgowa, then Ajencis have come up with the best interpretations but Fane is among the most wrong.

Broke my heart, though Meppa is definitely alive and his story continues in TNG.

Also, Sarl's story continues in TNG!

Plenty of others but I will let others divulge as the Nascenti all take time to digest.

Bakker seemed pretty ready to talk about whatever we asked about. Just a couple RAFO's, and explicitly "no questions about halos". Other than that, he seemed happy to indulge us.

I was, of course, very pleased to hear about this about the halo questions ;).

So... was anything revealed about the fate of Shaeönanra?
And did anybody ask about Kellhus telling Proyas that the Inchoroi must win at some point :D?

Others can answer better than I but we brought up the theories his Q&A/AMA answers about Shauriatas had spawned and it's a big ol' RAFO.

I don't think we got a chance to query regarding "the Inchoroi must win."
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

pail

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »
Good overview Madness, but, among other things, you didn't even mention The Crabiciad...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »
Lmao, Camlost spelled it the Crabiqiad in a text yesterday ;).

But you know my story, I'm more than happy to let the other Nascenti field these questions and their impressions for themselves.

Coming from me it's just easily dismissed - not that I won't be posting as much as I possibly can over the next week (though I'm finally hoping to finish TUC ;)!).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

pail

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 04:19:37 pm »
True, we all know you're full of shit, Madness.

Crabiqiad, I like it.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
True, we all know you're full of shit, Madness.

Exactly :D.

Also, I found that article Bakker was talking about Friday: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer