• 15 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:31 pm »
Quote from: jogrady
Just finished reread of TTT. Truly cant remember if these following questions have been answered in the JE/WLW (will begin reread of those soon).

Who is the boy Aurang speaks with in the ruins of the city? What is the secret? Is he recruiting for the coming war?

Cnaiur contemplates his Final swazond but appears to shed his despair quickly as he looks upon SS serwe. Has RSB stated Cnaiurs part is over? If so, could he be reborn as a Consult leader under a new guise? Would the Consult just let him die?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:37 pm »
Quote from: Mog Kellhus
I also wonder about the scene with the boy. It could just remind us that the Consult is still watching despite the end of the Holy War and of course there is always emphasis to its evil and perverted nature.But i am not so sure..

About Cnaiur i believe Bakker said that his story arc is over and so i assume that he indeed commited suicide. After killing Moe he did not really had any other purpose.....I really miss him, such an interesting character to read about!!!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »
Quote from: The Sharmat
The only other purpose I could see for him would be killing Kellhus. Suspect he's just dead though.

I really feel that Aurang's final scene did have some special significance, but I can't be certain. It could very well have just been meant as a reminder.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:22 am »
Quote from: Mog Kellhus
I also wonder about the scene with the boy. It could just remind us that the Consult is still watching despite the end of the Holy War and of course there is always emphasis to its evil and perverted nature.But i am not so sure..

About Cnaiur i believe Bakker said that his story arc is over and so i assume that he indeed commited suicide. After killing Moe he did not really had any other purpose.....I really miss him, such an interesting character to read about!!!

I think this is the most likely thing.  Consult just perverts.  BUT, what about the dead not escaping the plate?  That's the one quote that's got me musing on the Inchoroi's motivation.  Why risk death and damnation when you already live forever?  Do they think they can reverse the thing?  Would getting Sil back (or whoever, Aurang's first girlfriend) be motivation enough to fight the long long war?

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:07:04 am »
The Inchoroi are immortal, not invincible. Given an infinite span of time, the probability of their death approaches one.

Immortals take a long view by necessity. The only way to be certain is to shut off the outside. At least then when they die they'll have oblivion, instead of eternal agony.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »
I get it, but it seems so much simpler to just shut Ark's front door, esp when you are the last 2 overlooked dudes.  I guess playing scrabble with the sranc for thousands of years might be death-by-boredom.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:10:29 pm »
For the race of lovers, this is an unsuitable situation.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:44 pm »
LOL, you can't chase tail in a dead womb.  But you got me thinking, in the False Sun Shae represents the fear of damnation as overriding all other concerns.  Is this not the case for the Inchoroi?  They fear being damned, but they also have to get their rocks off?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »
Sitting in the Ark is not a solution to Damnation. As Sharmat implied, the Inchoroi have to do everything they possibly can to negate the eventual Damnation whenever it is they do die.

Being hedonists about it it is simply a by-product of what the Inchoroi already were. No matter what their agendas they would probably still get off about it.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 08:39:20 am »
"We were born for damnation's sake."

The Inchoroi's culture is what you would get if, say, geese, or other highly rapey animals became sentient. It's simply what they are. Their every drive, every instinct, is geared towards their own condemnation.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
The Inchoroi's culture is what you would get if, say, geese, or other highly rapey animals became sentient.

Lol'd.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »

The Inchoroi's culture is what you would get if, say, geese, or other highly rapey animals became sentient. It's simply what they are. Their every drive, every instinct, is geared towards their own condemnation.

They engineered themselves this way with the Tekne, they have no excuses.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »

They engineered themselves this way with the Tekne, they have no excuses.

They made mistakes. Biological cascades probably result from consistent Grafting?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

Is there some kind of Darwinian thing about the most ruthless/hedonistic being the top of the food chain?  The Inchoroi are what happens when a galaxy has been around long enough?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 02:44:24 pm »
Lmao. Duskweaver, where are you :o?!

I think I've decided that Bakker played Warhammer... Too many occurrences.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer