Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 06:18:50 pm »
Lol - I almost googled robotic sex workers in class... but then I thought better.

But I know of some articles recently that describe responses to the idea of replacing prostitutes with life-like robots. And I'm thinking from the get-go, sci's assuming humanity would accept robots/androids/cyborgs before Sex Sranc.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sologdin

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32:31 pm »
as a plaintiff lawyer, i look forward to the avalanche of product liability cases on designer adjusted-humans with defective designs and inadequate warnings.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »
not to be a dick,

Non-issue here, solo.
It's probably a reflection of responces to me on other forums, that I see nothing dickish in sologdin's post. He's, like, actually presenting an actually contrary notion! Ostensibly a legit part of discussion.

Thinking these things that are treated as legitimate, as actually being legitimate, gets me in trouble so often...

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »
not to be a dick, but why subhuman and not mentally disabled human? (phrased that way, i think the ethics are self-evident.)

But "disabled" implies a problem, a distance between ideal and actual. If you're altering the fetuses before they turn into people, you're supplanting the ideal of a human with the ideal sex slave or worker bee.
Your 'ideal'. My 'disabled'.

As usual it's a darwinism of perceptions. At default, anyway.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »
as a plaintiff lawyer, i look forward to the avalanche of product liability cases on designer adjusted-humans with defective designs and inadequate warnings.

Lol - then I await in fevered terror the company that produces them and, mostly, the inevitable product disclaimers...
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:55 pm »
The No-Claim

"YOU MUSN'T TELL ME WHAT DO YOU SEE"

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »
Lol - I almost googled robotic sex workers in class... but then I thought better.

But I know of some articles recently that describe responses to the idea of replacing prostitutes with life-like robots. And I'm thinking from the get-go, sci's assuming humanity would accept robots/androids/cyborgs before Sex Sranc.

I agree that sex-tech will be more acceptable to use, in the way vibrators are something accepted into modern society.

But I also think humanity will go for the bottom line, similar to the exploitation of sweat shop workers. Most people will likely be happy if sex tourism relegates these sex subhumans out of sight, out of mind. Imagine living toys who want to be fucked all the time, who don't complain about being kept in kennels? Somebody is going to make a buck off that and I think society will find a way to reconcile itself with the reality.

Witness the growing acceptance of prostitution. Not that I have a problem with it's legalization, but what seems to be the case now is that sex workers are people men might fuck when they are younger before they settle down with "acceptable"/"respectable" women. It's more okay to fuck a prostitute than be a prostitute - same as it ever was, but the former is seen as less and less of a problem.

I'm also not convinced the growing acceptance of men using prostitutes has resulted in increased workers' rights for sex workers.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:13 am »
Imagine living toys who want to be fucked all the time, who don't complain about being kept in kennels?
And eat grubs in...gah, what's that forest called that the scalpers hunt in?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 02:53:46 pm »

I have buddies who have gone to hookers, both locally, but more often abroad (Amsterdam). However, I think they'd fall sharply either for or against 'soulless' prostitutes (for lack of a better identifier and in keeping with the Tekne metaphor)...

Imagine living toys who want to be fucked all the time, who don't complain about being kept in kennels?
And eat grubs in...gah, what's that forest called that the scalpers hunt in?

The Mop...?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 05:27:31 am »